Essential Oils

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by ReadWriteLearnLove • Oct 9, 2015.

1. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Do you use essential oils? I have recently been gifted with an essential oil diffuser, so I bought a starter pack of essential oils from Amazon. So far, I've been using a peppermint, eucalyptus and lavender mix to help with our sinus/allergy issues, but I know there are hundreds of other ways to use the oils.

2. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I really like essential oils. My favourite is lavender. It's great for relaxation and helping you fall asleep. I just sprinkle a few drops on my pillow at bedtime. I also really eucalyptus oil and tea tree oil. Eucalyptus oil is great for congestion. It will open up sinuses and help you breathe easier. Tea tree oil is something everyone should have in their medicine cabinet. I use it as an antiseptic for cuts and scrapes. We also use it for fungal infections like athlete's foot and you can even use it on acne blemishes. Oil of oregano is fantastic for fighting colds, I use it daily to boost my immune system and prevent colds. If I feel a cold coming on I'll take a drop two to three times a day and the next day I feel better.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Eucalyptus oil is one of my favorites for congestion relief and open up my sinuses. Lemon and vanilla makes everything seem so clean. I am learning more about essential oils myself. Very interesting subject. You can learn to use less medicines from doctors and more natural oils.

4. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    We have recently bought peppermint oil from walmart. The purpose of buying it was so we could put it in our African black soap that we use to wash my hair with. Some oils are known for helping with relaxation and what not. There are so many types of oils and lots of research you could do.