Esurance

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by Sarah C. • Apr 14, 2012.

1. Sarah C.

Sarah C.New Member

Threads:
    I have been a customer with Esurance for over 6 years. In that time I had a bad car accident about 5 years ago. I was nervous about how Esurance would handle the situation, since I had joined online because it was more convenient than going to an insurance office. They were wonderful! I was out of work for a few months due to my injuries, and they promptly started my benefits. Whenever they said they were sending a check, they did. They took care of my medical expenses and reimbursement for my totalled car as soon as I turned in the estimates and bills. The accident was my fault, and they had to pay for the other vehicles damages as well. My insurance premium did go up for a few years, but not as bad as I thought it would. I guess it has been enough time since the accident, as I just got my renewal notice and my premiums went down 30%. I have been very happy with Esurance as my auto insurance company!

2. moneysaver

moneysaverNew Member

Threads:
    Esurance is a great company. I had them for a couple of years. However, about 6 months ago the cost shot up significantly. Granted, I did have an accident that was my fault, but it was just way too much. It hurt me leaving them because their service is amazing. This is definitely a company worth checking out, but their prices can be a bit high. Especially now since they have been bought by AllState. Definitely a company to check out, but make sure you shop around like anything else.

3. Sarah C.

Sarah C.New Member

Threads:
    You may want to give them another look. My prices went up too after my accident. However, my latest renewal price went down my more than 30 percent! I was very pleased to see that.

Like I said before, they handled every single thing with my accident quickly and professionally. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for insurance or thinking about switching their insurance carrier. With this new reduction in my police, I am happier than ever!

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I have Esurance. I have had it about 4 years. I can't seem to beat the price anywhere, and believe me I continually check. Make sure you call Esurance regularly and ask if you may qualify for any other discounts. They won't ask you. I just got another discount for having a paypal account.

5. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    Man, you guys have some great info on this company. I'll definitely be checking them out. I have been paying high insurance on my car for what seems like forever. Every time I call my agent to check for new rates, I always get that I have the best there is.

6. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    I have used Esurance before and had no problems. I'm not sure why I left them. It has been some years ago. But if they give discounts for a Paypal account, I might go back to them.

7. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    They are a good company. I know that this is the next solution I would be looking for when I am shopping for a new insurance company. Right now, though, I am happy with Travelers.

8. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I've found that Esurance isn't the cheapest company, but at least it is reasonable, and considering the bad experience I have had with my two companies I think it might be worth switching, just for the service if nothing else. The Paypal discount might be a sweetener for me if the price difference is reduced as a result.

9. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    This is also good news. I hate to hear when drivers get taken advantage of by unscrupulous insurance companies. I love to hear that drivers who can't get insured through other, reputable companies have a place to get good insurance, even if the rates are a bit more expensive. Doesn't matter how you got to where you are, just know that getting to where you are going is going to require insurance....looks like eSurance is a good place to get it.

10. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Arrgh, after 4 years and an accident that wasn't my fault, my premium just doubled! I hate when that happens. What I dislike even more is finding a new insurance.

11. Traveller

TravellerMember

Threads:
    Life insurance is necessary for adults with young children. The security of being able to provide for the kid next 20 years is important.
    You could not have enough invested by the age of 30 to provide the 2 million necessary. Once you accumulate that type of portfolio later in life then you can eliminate the life insurance. That is why term policies are a good deal.Not only life insurance,but also all kinds of insurance has many opportunity.Its importance has no no bounds in our precious life.

12. Diane102290

Diane102290New Member

Threads:
    I have been doing some research on this car insurance company and many others. You guys definitely helped me make my choice. I rather hear from regular people who have the insurance than people who are trying to sell the insurance. The advice is more based on your personal experience and that's what I rather trust. Thanks a lot everyone.

13. XDetTigers420X

XDetTigers420XNew Member

Threads:
    I had 2 DUI's in 2006. My driver's license was revoked for almost 3 years. I finally got my license back but I had to pay almost $150 dollars a month just for PLPD. That was 7 years ago and I finally got to choose an insurance policy that's reasonable, since insurance wise, my points expired on my license. I went with Esurance, and now I'm only paying $70 dollars a month. That paypal and autopay discount really helped out a lot too. Thank God.