Etsy

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by katharinemae • Jun 30, 2012.

1. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I consider myself an artist, I love making arts and crafts and i'm into creating accessories. I make handmade pieces that are unique and nice. I'm currently starting to venture selling my creations online. I would like to know if you have heard about etsy. Have you ever tried checking it out or buying something there? I want to sell some of my pieces via etsy.

2. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    I love etsy but I try to stay away unless I am shopping for something specific- I find it's easy to be sucked in and end up buying things I didn't intend to or didn't need. Overall, though, I think it's a great idea for a person who is crafty to sell their stuff through there. It's a reputable site and I think lots of people frequent it. Good luck!

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard of Etsy. Sometimes I browse the site. I have made a few purchases and been very happy with what I bought.

4. MissMin11

MissMin11New Member

Threads:
    I love Etsy. I have never actually bought anything there, because all the things I want are a bit out of my price range right now. However, I can spend hours there looking at the things people have to sell. If you do decide to put some of your creations up, be sure to post the link! I'd love to see what kinds of things you can make.

Good Luck!

5. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I buy a lot of things from Etsy, so it's a site I really frequent. Your main problem if you plan to venture on Etsy though would be the competition. Etsy is overflowing with many different products that unless what you're offering is something really, really unique and if you do promotion outside of Etsy, then you're seriously going to have a lot of trouble getting even that first sale.

6. katharinemae

Threads:
    That's exactly my concern. I'm just starting, and i don't have that much knowledge regarding online selling. Do you have any suggestion on how to market my items? What promotions outside of etsy are you referring to?

7. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Yes, I do know of Etsy and it is set up very simply to make sales...they do all the hardwork in terms of hard sells. You will have to do the marketing. So, perhaps when posting on forums, if it is allowed, place your etsy store in the signature section...I often click on people's websites etc...so do many others. Go and comment on Blogs. Tweet out some helpful hints and then link to your etsy store. Write some articles and send them to article submission sites with your etsy store embedded within the text. Start a facebook page. Tell everyone what you are doing.

Also, just put lots of love into it...and people will choose yours over the competition. Be open and accessible and people will connect with you. All the best.

8. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    It'll depend on what you're selling. If it's art or anything similar like crafts, do you happen to have a Deviant Art account? Starting up an account there and joining groups relevant to what you'll be selling and sort of advertising them there works for me. If what you're selling has a particular theme, like inspired from a movie or something, then you can also check out posting stuff in Tumblr - you'll find a vast collection of fans there, so finding a buyer wouldn't be too hard.

9. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    It'll depend on what you're selling. If it's art or anything similar like crafts, do you happen to have a Deviant Art account? Starting up an account there and joining groups relevant to what you'll be selling and sort of advertising them there works for me. If what you're selling has a particular theme, like inspired from a movie or something, then you can also check out posting stuff in Tumblr - you'll find a vast collection of fans there, so finding a buyer wouldn't be too hard.

10. katharinemae

Threads:
    Thanks Razelia, I don't have a Deviant Art account yet, never heard of it but i will definitely check it out. Will surf the net to get some more info on your suggestions.