Ever Been Paid In A Foreign Currency?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by remnant • Aug 13, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The global financial system has evolved to the extent that its now possible to be paid in different forms of fiat currency mostly in US dollars. Nowadays, its also possible to be paid in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Litecoin e.t.c. Have you ever paid or been paid using this method and did this translate favourably in your pockets? Sometimes due to the nuances involved in payment systems, some people exploit systemic flaws to swindle others.

2. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well thankfully the answer is no, and to be honest I would not have to slightest idea of what to do if that were the case. It would be cool to have a steady stream of money in a foreign currency coming in, but I do not really know what sites or companies you would look to. It is pretty interesting to think about though, especially the whole global economy aspect that @remnant@remnant brings up. Thanks for sharing.

3. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I get paid with US Dollars, which is a foreign currency for me.I have also been paid Euro, Pound and Bitcoin. When I get paid in one currency and later withdraw in local currency, it will always be in my favor.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do surveys for a UK site, and they pay me in British pounds. Paypal converts it for me, but takes a modest fee. I enjoy being paid in pounds honestly because it turns out to be more in US money. I also have been paid in Bitcoin. It is interesting to be paid in alternative currency, and I trust PayPal to do it properly.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course. I live in the UK, and most of the online websites that I have found halfway decent work with pays in dollars, which sucks because dollars are worth more than Great British Pounds. If I made in pounds what I often make in dollars, I'd be rolling in the cash. Well, not rolling. But a lot better off :)

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I have been paid in pounds and in dollars. I haven't been paid in bitcoins yet. It would be nice to be paid in Euro or pounds or even in dinar, since those are the highest currency exchange rates in my country.

7. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    When you are from a foreign latinoamerican country, everything revolves around how many $$ is worth your wealth on savings and actives like real state and related stuff.

8. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I am actually in the process of wondering what I am going to do. I just recently signed up for an app I soon found out that it pays in Euros, and I have not reached the limit yet to withdraw but all that I have read says that PayPal automatically does it for me, the conversion that is. I hope this is true.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I work from home so I often get paid in dollars which to me is a foreign currency. I get most of it through my paypal and I actually like it that way since I get to use it for some online shopping sites as well and the exchange rate for my local currency is also a good amount so there is that advantage too. I personally don't mind getting paid in any currency as long as the amount is huge no matter the conversion and that I don't get taxed too much by taxes and fees during conversion.

10. Aree Wongwanlee

Aree WongwanleeActive Member

Threads:
    I have been paid in foreign currencies for many years. All the work I do on the Web is paid in US dollars. I have no problem with that, especially now that the dollar is getting higher compared to the local currency. When I was teaching in Thailand, of course, I was paid in Thai bahts. No problem with that either. Thailand is a cheap place to live in. I could live quite comfortably with just 15000 bahts a month. That's roughly $400.

11. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have paid with a foreign currency especially at airports whenever I land in a foreign country. This is what I do I make sure to change my local currency to the US dollar before traveling and at my arrival destination my first few transactions are made with the dollar.

12. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have usually been paid in USD. I have never received or done any transaction via bitcoins, litecoins etc. I will have to research about it before accepting any of these currencies. However, USD is also foreign currency for me as I am from India.

13. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the online sites I write for pay in USD which is a foreign currency to me. This is easily the main currency I have been paid with over and over again working online. I prefer receiving payment in this currency since it's relatively more stable.

14. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am getting paid in British Pound, US Dollar, Bitcoin and of course Indian Rupee but I have no problem whatever as my settings convert them all in Indian Rupee and deposit them in bank account. In fact, I have never used any money for shopping from PayPal (I am not allowed to) and the Bitcoin transfers full amount to my bank account which I can use through different ways.

15. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I usually get paid in dollars through PayPal. Nowadays, getting paid in dollars or in a foreign currency is common especially when you're working online. I've also tried getting paid by Cryptocurrencies like BitCoins and Satoshis whenever I claim it from mining websites or work online that has this type of currency.

16. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail @Working Buck@Working Buck Certain sites used to pay in British Pounds but PayPal converts everything in US Dollar and then in local currency in our case because our money goes in our bank. Unfortunately we can only withdraw our money to bank accounts but not use it for any other purpose. Bit coin is different of course that we can send either to bank or use it else where.

#16Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2017
  17. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    As I am working online now, so I get paid in US dollars mostly. I find it very easy for me to purchase things online, especially on those sites that I need to pay US dollars.

I have not try out bitcoins yet, but I am willing to do it soon, as some sites have stopped paying via PayPal which makes me think perhaps it's the time to start looking into bitcoins.

18. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to be paid in US dollars by one site but in the past months, I have noticed that payments are now in Philippine peso. My advantage in US$ is the fluctuating exchange rate although it boils down to be two-sided to mean I get more sometimes and I get less sometimes. Well, I did nit complain since basically I would change my earnings into pesos when I withdraw.

But with bitcoins, I quit one site that pays in bit coins because I don't have a bitcoin account.

19. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I get paid in various currencies which all get converted to my local currency ultimately.

With high Paypal fees I end up getting lesser than I earn otherwise it's always in my favour.

20. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    This reminds me of the time when I as paid in Canadian dollars. I was at a loss at first but then I found some way of converting it, but I cannot really remember how, but I know it would have cost if it was more.