Ever Been Stiffed?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by cinderr • Sep 22, 2013.

1. cinderr

cinderrMember

Threads:
    I wish I had their name so I could warn you but I was so annoyed, I threw it all away. Telemarketer offers me two free months of money off everything from towing to groceries. I get a fancy card, the whole bit. I take it to my doctor. Uh, no! I take it to the store. Uh, no! I ask the guy who is fixing my truck. Big uh, no!
    I send off for a lousy five dollar gas refund--hey five bucks is five bucks. I get a check which I deposit.
    I call to stop the subscription because it is no dang good. No prob.
    Two weeks later, I get a note from my bank--that five dollar check was drawn on a closed account! Thank God I never paid this fly-by-night business a cent--gosh, what if that check had been like $200? I would have been in a world of hurt!
    I will look around to see if I have any info on them but I doubt it. Beware!:(
    I found a card with this businesses name on it. It said AIG! It looked quite professional but I suspect they are now out of business!

#1Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  2. kristyleann

kristyleannMember

Threads:
    Wow, that's awful. Sounds like they're running some kind of scam. Thanks for warnings us though. If anyone calls me offering that deal I'll tell them off. Isn't there some kind of agency you can report that to? I know the BBB won't be of much help (I tried to get them to help me out the other day with an issue and they were useless). But there's gotta be someone you can report that to to hopefully stop them.