Ever bought from Reject Shop?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by daimashin • Mar 19, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    If you guys ever been to Australia, have you ever bought anything from Reject Shop? I've been there once and bought a T-shirt and a belt before. I don't know why they call it the Reject Shop because the things that I bought are very good quality and look nice. The prices are lower than the average we can find at other retail stores. Other than clothings, they have a variety of everyday products too like food, drinks, electricals, and etc.

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    We had something similar to what you call a Reject Shop around here, but it was selling just books. They were pretty cheap and you could buy a whole bunch of good books with little money. The only thing wrong with them was a few typography mistakes here and there or bad bindings. From what I understand, Reject Shops sell items that don't meet certain quality standards or have production mistakes.

3. thriftyme

thriftymeMember

Threads:
    We have a nearby market that sells things like clothing seconds - clothes with small imperfections in their manufacturing process. I have bought inexpensive tube socks, tee shirts and men's underwear at such places and some household linens, too. It really doesn't bother me if the seam is a little off on a kitchen towel or napkin, for instance. So, I am glad such places exist. There are a few shops at the flea markets around here that sell those things, as well.

4. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, we have some stores and flea markets where you can buy reject items. I agree, it doesn't matter to me if seams are straight. I've purchased t-shirts that simply had the wrong size on them. No big deal, just hold the shirt up and determine whether or not it looks like it will fit. Every chance I get, I buy the reject socks. I definitely appreciate the money we save.

What gets me is that some businesses destroy items that fail inspection rather than donating them or selling them at very deep discounts. If they donate them, they get a tax break and "give back" to the community. I would think that would further their reputations more than always having perfect merchandise does.