Ever Bought Used DVDs Online

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Denis Hard • Sep 27, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Let's face it, the cost of DVD's, especially Blu-ray DVDs can be so high. I stumbled into a site that offers used DVD's for sell. Much as the prices are cheaper what I couldn't establish is the state of the DVDs they have on sale. Because heck, you can pay for a DVD online and when it's delivered maybe it may not even play. You'd have practically thrown away your money, right?

Before I try to make a purchase of used DVDs online I'll want to ascertain from you guys if I'll be getting a good deal or simply adding this as another of my bad experiences shopping online.

Have any of you ever bought used DVD's online. If you have what condition were they in? Barely playable or almost as good as new?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I have brought many used dvds from sites like amazon and ebay and I gotta say almost every time I got good quality dvds for a very low price I think maybe twice I gotten a dvd that wasn't what it was suppose to be or didn't work well. But it's rare that this happens. I buy my kids dvds and they have a huge collection all from amazon and ebay I have gotten dvds that normally cost 10-20 bucks at walmart for 5 bucks or under and they work great!

3. fermlour

fermlourNew Member

Threads:
    You can look on ebay, there's thousands of used DVDs.
    Careful with that some users send spoilage.

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I also have bought only from amazon and only once I had a problem which was partially my fault because I didn't read the reviews about the seller. 9 times out if ten the DVD is usually exactly what we think it will be so I highly recommend to take that risk and save money.

5. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    There's always a risk of buying anything online that's used, but I agree it's a good way to save money. I would be wary about the sellers more so than the products they sell. I always check their stats, reputation, and ranking as a seller, and reviews from others who have dealt with them before. Most of the time, I'm satisfied with my used purchases online, but I don't do it very often.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'd not trust most E-bay sellers regardless of their reputation.

Since you mention Amazon, I think it would be a better because the product reviews are generally [honest?] so if I they say 'good condition' I may trust that and in any case if I find out it's not I'll write to their customer service people. . .

. . .don't know if that would help me get my money back.

7. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I've purchased dvds online before at Amazon.com and eBay. However, I usually scourge the local store first for my DVD and CD needs. If I can't find what I'm looking for locally, I set my sights over the internet. But recently, I haven't bought a DVD or CD on the internet.

8. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I've bought some used DVD's online, and I've actually had no problem with them, which surprised me since I seem to run into a lot of problems when buying them from places like GameStop! It's pretty crazy that you can find them for 10x cheaper online, and they're usually in better condition than at physical stores! I've bought games and DVD's from GameStop that skip or don't play at all, and I've bought some from Amazon that work lovely!

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought used cd's and dvd's online yet, but I think that as long as there are no negative reviews, then I guess it's safe to buy from that certain seller. If things go wrong, then you can always ask for a refund.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'd prefer not to. Not only is everything much easier and more accessible to watch nowadays that everything's digital, but brand new DVD's don't even really cost that much anymore. I personally prefer to buy things brand new whenever I could, especially if it's something like a DVD wherein a single scratch might make a world of difference.