Ever disputed a credit card charge?

Discussion in Credit Cards started by jleadbet • Nov 15, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I ordered some merchandise almost a month ago. It was supposed to be delivered in 5 business days. The merchant has only said they would research and get back to me. After a week of that, I didn't know what else to do. I disputed it with the credit card company. I've never done that before. I hope they can help me get to the bottom of it.

2. chlv

chlvMember

Threads:
    I disputed a charge and had the charge credited back to my account. I ordered something online from a merchant and they kept putting my order on hold, which sounds somewhat similar to your situation. They ended up charging me twice for something I never received. I immediately called the credit card company and they credited my account right away pending an investigation. After they investigated it, I got a letter in the mail saying that it was an error. If something doesn't look right to me on my statement or if I believe something is a mistake, I'm definitely going to dispute the charge. If you are honest about it, most companies won't have a problem helping you and giving you your money back.

3. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    Yes. I have disputed several charges. You do have to go to the merchant first, but if you can't get satisfactory recourse with them, you can go to your issuing bank/card company and dispute the charges. This is a right provided to you by Visa/Mastercard. The merchant will have to respond to the inquiry by the card company and either provide proof that the merchandise was delivered or you will get your money back. These disputes can take some time, but you can rest assured that you will get resolution to the issue.

4. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Yup. I have also experienced disputing credit card charges. I also appreciate my credit card company because they usually give me a call when they see some suspicious credit card purchases.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yes, I have. It turned out really well. The credit card company took care of everything and it didn't hurt me at all. I have only had to do it twice and both times, it was handled quickly and cleanly.

6. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I have disputed a credit card charge before and they checked into it and make sure my card was credited back the amount in question, I hate when happens, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do, you work too hard for your money to just loose over something that can be fixed.

7. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, I gave my brother my iTunes login and he bought a bunch of stuff "on accident". I called my card and they said they would not be able to give me a refund. I had to contact iTunes and have them cancel the charges. Then the bank returned my funds to my account the same day. Now I can't use my card on iTunes.

8. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    That has happened to me before, and I was very angry. It was a scam company that charged me monthly for something I signed-up to thinking it was something different. Anyway, my bank actually cleared up the problem, fortunately.