Ever Done A Paid Review?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by remnant • May 20, 2016.

1. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    I've done a review since such offers aren't available in my country. I've joined many sites but I've never been hired to conduct a review. However, I don't base my judgment on products from the reviews. If I want to buy a product I approach people who have had a first hand experience for a long time. Reviews are sometimes biased and they are not always for the welfare of the customers.

2. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    I've done paid reviews, but not as you mean. I was paid by a consumer reviews magazine to review products that they had obtained, and the reviews had to be fair and unbiased. If the product was dreadful I was expected to say it was dreadful and exactly why. The value of the magazine to readers and where it made its money, was in a reputation for fair reviews, not in selling products.

The problem is when reviewers are paid by the makers of the product to write things that are little more than puff pieces. Reviews like that should be marked "advert" because that is what they are.

3. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not sure whether mouthshut.com is available to international users but it provides us a chance to write as many reviews as we can. They pay for every review and strangely pay double the amount for negative reviews. I have never written a review at this site for monetary gain but I have definitely done so for exposing the defaulters. I suggest you type this in your search bar and see if it is available to you or not.

4. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I've done a paid review maybe once or twice. I don't mind getting paid to review something truthfully but I was asked to review something once and I gave my initial review and they wanted me to fabricate it. I'm not really into that unless the benefits that I would receive are worth it so I don't venture in the area too much.

5. Pooja Patel

Pooja PatelNew Member

Threads:
    You have to check both review positive or negative because every user has own experience. I would like to write review what i feel because in current market there are so many alternative products available. User Review and there experience most important..

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have done so many paid surveys online which also qualifies as paid reviews in many of the cases. I try to be as truthful as possible when I am reviewing a product or service I have used. I don't allow the pay for the review influence me in passing my views, besides the pay are usually very small to move me. I like saying my experience using a service or an item exactly the way I felt it.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    As far surveys are concerned I am doing them for a long time but surveys I guess are different from product reviews. You always have choice of answers in surveys but as far reviews are concerned one has to be specific about his experience about that particular product. Either you like it or dislike it but there is nothing in between.

8. tamermsalama

tamermsalamaNew Member

Threads:
    Doing a paid review, is like promoting an ad for a product or service that you will never test.
    It's all about being part of the marketing business, whether you believe or not it's ethical.

9. victor ndegwa

victor ndegwaNew Member

Threads:
    okay those that have done the review can you please kindly post a working link so we can atleast have a look at it.Thank you.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Although I have already read several things about it, I have never really tried for not believing in the truth of it. But some of my friends say they've already made some money from those types of reviews, and I'm starting to consider that idea. :p