Ever Feel Burned By A Game?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Dame6089 • Jun 21, 2016.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Have you ever purchased a brand new game and feel like you got super burned because it was bad or not what you expected? It's a bit harder to do these days with reviews everywhere, but I remember buying Pokemon Gale of Darkness on the Gamecube as a teenager, I spend my own money on it and was really upset when it was not like the handheld games and was a mediocre game in general.

2. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    What do you mean by saying "burned"? Is that about being extremely frustrated, right?

If so, I have been there. I used to buy a lot of games that were well-advertised. However, the whole process of playing them felt just like a nightmare. That sucked. So, don't buy into all those cool pictures. If you have an opportunity, try the game right at the store and you will see and know for sure If it's worth it or absolutely not.

3. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    That sometimes happens to my brother. He screens a lot of games because he's being paid to and if it's good he'll play it and eventually resell it to those who'd like to try the game. He's a part of PS4 enthusiasts as well and is known to trade games with other trusted members.

4. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah "burned" in this case is not literal. It just means that you feel you were deceived or taken advantage of.

5. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Hah, I thought that burned you meant being jaded of playing a certain game with repetitive drills so much. I remember getting "burned" of spending hours leveling characters in any Dragon Warrior game. Anyway, I felt deceived when I purchased and played for roughly 100 hours for TES IV: Oblivion, expecting the most advanced AI and great diversity of dungeons. I got a plain borin hiking simulator instead, with tons of bugs and broken level scaling.

another disappointment? Spore, a shallow straightforward campaign, and the evolution paths don't have any other variation regardless of your creature. At least it got lots of freedom to make your critter.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    That can really get frustrating more so if you have very high expectations of the game. Before i buy something new, i always make it a point to read the reviews online first to avoid being let down and wasting my money to something i don't appreciate.

7. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Gale of darkness? I actually prefer that game to the handheld but that's besides the point.

I remember my dad taking me to the store to pick out one game. I chose Sonic and the Secret Rings and I remember that the gameplay was so boring. One good thing about it was the multiplayer party games though. It was actually pretty fun but the game itself was boring. I think they put more effort into the party games.

8. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I am more into the MMORPG genre and like to play on my computer. I was really into a game for some time, paying for the game, the expansion packs, and paying a subscription fee. Even though that seems to be on the expensive side, it was worth it to me when I was feeling thoroughly entertained. Compared to other forms of entertainment it wasn't a bad deal, since the monthly sub but just a bit more than a single movie ticket and provided me with hours of fun.

Unfortunately, the game went through drastic changes and is now barely recognizable. It doesn't feel like an MMO or an RPG any more. It's much more solo play, it's sneaking up on pay to win, and it has more Facebook game elements than RPG elements.

Yes, I feel burned. I'd love to play the old version again, but you can't currently.

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, but that was because I was buying pirated games before, and the game did not run on the PC so I had to return it back to the store. I don't buy the original copy, so even if the game CD is defective, it wouldn't be much of a loss if I was not allowed or unable to return it.

10. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    No, never. I use my money wisely. I first search the game online, what is it about, some first look of it, and if gameranx made a video - Before you buy I watch that one too. I don't like to waste my money on garbage because I have little money to waste on games so I use it wisely.

11. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    Even free games nowadays would burn you a lot. Blame it all on the advertisements that they do. It would be advertised and you would find it really awesome. You buy it and once you're playing it, you feel like you're playing with your own crap which would make you want to tear of your shirt and kick anyone who's on your way.