Ever go to Build A Bear?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by dconklin • Jul 31, 2012.

1. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Build A Bear Workshop is a cool store for kids! You get to do like the name says, build your own bear (or other animal really.) My daughters went there for a birthday party and had so much fun. It really is a cool store and the animals that you build do last. They went almost 2 years ago now and they are holding up strong with my kids! They have all sorts of animals to choose from (mostly bears but some cats and dogs too) and you pick out the fur of the animal first. Then you bring it over to the stuffing station where your child helps an employee stuff your animal. Then you can fluff it before picking out clothes for it. It typically is a little more expensive then buying a stuffed animal at another store, but it is worth going here at least once. Your kids can literally make their own bear and then pick out the clothes to go with it :)

Have you ever tried Build A Bear?

2. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    That is a great idea going to Build A Bear for a kid's birthday party. It's an experience kids will remember forever because they will have a bear to remind them of it. I'm sure a Build A Bear bear will become a kid's favorite stuffed animal. I never have personally been to Build A Bear, but I've seen it in malls.

3. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    A lot of people love Build-a-Bear. A lot of my guy friends go there with their girlfriends to make them a teddy bear :eek:

4. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    The girls had so much fun and it was nice that they could actually help make the bear :) Of course they want to go more often then I will pay for tho! They are a little expensive so no we don't go there often, but they are worth it when you do go.

5. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    That is sweet :) I bet their girlfriends enjoy it too!

6. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    We have a Build-a-Bear store in the local shopping center where I live and it is sooo cool! I took my daughter and her friend to celebrate her birthday and they had a whale of time, making, dressing and naming their own bear. She sleeps with him every night and I think it will be a nice thing for her to look back on when she is older, as the bear is fairly unique to her.

7. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I remember the first time I had ever learned that such a thing as Build-A-Bear existed. Was when I was watching that 2007 movie "The Hitcher". A remake of the cult-horror classic from the old days? And the two men transporting John Ryder in the police van were having a discussion about customized teddy bears. :rolleyes: Anyways, I think this sort of thing is really ridiculous if you don't have children. I know adults who've spent money on building a customized bear for themselves because they're TB lovers. Or for their girlfriends. It's just like seriously, grow up people.

8. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I think that the idea is so cool, and they are very accommodating. The selection is so vast and you can pretty much make any kind of bear you fancy. However, I don't go there often. I love my bears and I love giving the as gifts, but they are just a little too overpriced in my opinion. I would go there on special occasions, though. A friend of mine buys a girl a Build-A-Bear bear every time he has a first date. He has a new romantic interest pretty often, so he is a devoted customer. I think that the cool thing about this store is that adults and children usually enjoy it. I recommend it.

9. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Yes, I have been to Build A Bear. Just once. It kind of creeped me out as I am not a fan of teddy bears...too many horror movies as a child, I guess. Cute to look at, full stop. To make it an even stranger experience, when I did go there I actually went with a student of mine. He was 34 years old. Also, he was a Middle eastern businessman (I was tutoring him in Business English).

Furthermore, the bear was for him personally. Too strange but even though I tried not to judge...it did leave me with a huge question mark floating over my head. Maybe he wanted one as a child and never got it? Now he could give it to himself? I don't know. God bless his cotton socks (and bear).

10. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

RED FLAG!!!!!!!!!! Don't take new girlfriends to places you frequently visited with old girlfriends. You need to school that boy yo.:confused:

11. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    I don't have any kids...but I love Build A Bear!!! I was so excited the first time I went and was bouncing around more than most of the kids LOL Now I go every couple of years to make a special bear as a gift for someone.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I actually haven't ever been! We don't have them in the malls near me, and even when I have run across them before, I just couldn't justify the price. They're so expensive! Then again, I didn't go to my first Toys R Us until I was an adult...and it was specifically for me to go...not because I wanted to buy for a kid or anything, lol. So maybe I'll splurge on a bear at some point, too.

13. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I built a bear for a girl in high school as her Valentine's day gift...when you squeezed it asked her to be my girlfriend. She said yes and then broke up with me a few weeks later because apparently I told her mom that I think women should remain in the kitchen. In conclusion, I now hate Build a Bear and I especially hate that rumor spreading bitch.

14. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

Back when I was little Toys R' Us downtown in midtown had good prices. Me and my friend would go down there to shop for new action figures every other Saturday. Good times. Kay-Bee Toys and FAO were the really expensive ones. I did love going to FAO for that floor piano though. But I noticed over the years, they got security for that piano. And when you danced on it too many times they'd shoo you away. :eek: Kay-Bee never really had any good toys. I remember going in there and just seeing useless stuff (mostly for girls) stacked all over the place. With the occasional super soaker or hockey set for boys. I'm like "so this is the famous Kay-Bee Toys"? Meh!

15. micromachne

micromachneMember

Threads:
    I've been there once. Unfortunately, the one at our mall went out of business LONG ago. But when I did go, I did like the store. It was fun for the kids that's for sure. Putting together their own bears made a trip with loud gets a little more easy to manage.

16. plsargent

plsargentNew Member

Threads:
    My two older kids have been and they both loved it! I plan to take my youngst for her second birthday. A friend of mine built a bear for his girlfriend and did the recordable button for it asking her to marry him. Now she will have that recording of his proposal until the battery dies.

17. xtina3907

xtina3907Member

Threads:
    I took my son to Build-A-Bear a few years ago. It's not a place I would take my kids all the time though! I paid $30 for a dog with clothes. It's kinda pricey to me! But it was an experience he loved. I have a daughter now so I'm sure I will be taking her to build her own bear shortly.

18. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

I'm always leary of that sort of thing. If the marriage ends on a bad note, then the item which was a clever and sweet gift at first. Either ends up being fought over in court. Or destroyed out of anger.

19. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I have been here once or twice. I really liked a store which is like it in Gatlinburg and they let us build our own bear. It worked out great because the bears we built were completely different then the other bears we could find.

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't been to Build A Bear because my daughter and I specifically like plush animals of anime and video game characters, like Sonic the Hedgehog. We're not the type of gals that would buy a teddy bear in a frilly pink dress. The last stuffed animal I bought was a big orange carrot that had a face and was wearing overalls. We are not Build A Bear's target audience, unless they start carrying weirder toys.