Ever go to Build A Bear?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by dconklin • Jul 31, 2012.

1. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    You could always get an alternative stuffie for a lot cheaper. But usually, building a bear at "Build-A-Bear" is done for the process. The person making and accessorizing the stuffie feels that he/she has control over what they're creating and it adds a personal touch to it.

2. trendchaser

trendchaserMember

Threads:
    Kids will love this the most. It will be funny to take home drunk kids :p

3. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I used to take my kids to Build A Bear when they were younger. They loved it. I plan on taking my granddaughter there when she is just a little bit older. They have a nice variety of different things to choose from. It is a great place for kids. If you haven't had the opportunity to go there with your kids, you really should check it out. They will love it.

4. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    I try not to collect too many plush toys, as my children rarely play with them, and only have one or two they want to sleep with. We do, visit Build-a-Bear each year on vacation and allow our children to pick out and make any animal they want. We've done this 4 or 5 times now, and it's a neat experience for my children, and they are able to remember which toy was made on which vacation. Just this past week, we were on vacation, and my daughter made a multi-colored bear she named Rainbow, and my son made his second Alligator (the same one he made 2 years ago, but he insisted it was the one he wanted). He chose not to name Alligator #2. My youngest son is only 2 months old, so we purchased a mini-bear for him and made sure to take pictures of him with his first bear.

5. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    Ive never been there but have always thought of taking my kid there when I became a mother. I recently gave birth so once she is old enough I will definitely take her there. I would love to see what her imagination drives her to create!

6. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    I think you're being a bit judgemental. Why can't adults enjoy Teddy Bears? I took my girlfriend there to make her a customized bear. My roommate in college had one he kept in his bed with him and my grandma still has teddy bears and other plush toys of her own.

That being said, I love Build-A-Bear! It's a great place to take your loved ones, no matter their age.

7. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I have visited Build A Bear a few times over the last 4 years. My nieces love this store and its a great way for them to build there own bear. It is a little more expensive than other teddy bear stores, but its worth it.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Well I didn't have any toy stores period where I lived. If you wanted to buy toys, you went to places like Walmart, Kmart, etc....so a real toy store was the big treat for me. Nothing but toys galore! And I've never even seen one of those floor keyboards outside of the movies!

9. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    We paid another visit to the build-a-bear shop near us yesterday - my daughter now has a "sister" for her bear, dressed in a gorgeous ballerina outfit. They also have the cutest military uniforms for some of the bears, which you can have personalized with your child's name.

10. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    My sister has taken her daughter there twice, but not the same location. They love it! My niece built a "magical" unicorn the first time they went. I was surprised because I honestly thought you could only build bears...LOL! The unicorn was gorgeous, it had wings, and made a fairy sound of sorts when you press its leg. It was a really well made animal and she got to pick a name out for it and everything. The other time they went, there was a build a bear station inside a restaurant they went to. My niece built a dinosaur this time, which of course came out looking really cut!! She even got a box like "house" for it to go home in. I would love to go to one of these stores myself and try it out :)

11. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Build a Bear is a great concept! It can get quite expensive with all the accessories and clothes you can buy though! Neither of my kids are really into stuffed animals so I'm a bit relieved that I don't have to worry about them begging me to go there. I think the neatest ones are the ones where you can record something and have it placed into the animal. So sweet!

12. kalasin

kalasinMember

Threads:
    Build a Bear is fun, but I believe they also own Ride Makerz, which is where my car-obsessed child prefers to go. You build your own RC car from the body to the tires, rims to lights, engine to accessories. He has a blast and we've never spent $50 there. If we don't put RC in the car it's more like $25. They are BIG too!

13. malia22

malia22Member

Threads:
    i love build a bear!!!!! who doesn't want to make their own personal teddy bear! i love them! my favorite part is all the mini clothes :)

14. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Great place for birthday parties or special occasions. I wouldn't rely on it TOO much, because it does get old.

15. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Build A Bear is a really awesome place especially for families with young children! I went there once a few years back just for the novelty of it and I have to agree that it was great fun even for an adult except for the price! The prices there are just a little over the top especially when there are so many options and customizations to choose from and unknowingly, you have just added far too much "bling" to teddy! But that said, I guess we only live once and the experience is just great so why not just let your inner child express itself or if you have kids, let them have some fun making their own toys instead of buying them. I guess they'll learn how to treasure it better!

16. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been and I probably won't for a while. My kids are only toddlers and it's just not worth the price of those bears just so that my kids can destroy them. Maybe when they get a little older and learn how to take care of toys better I will consider going.

17. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    i been there once and probably wont go back there anytime soon. I took my nieces there to get them something one got a wolf and named it jacob..lol the other got a German Shepard and named it German. they were so happy when they left the store i was kind of weeping inside cause just those two stuff animals cost me $60. I think if i ever go back there i will have to choose something a little more cheaper then what i got.

18. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I went once when I was younger and really liked it, it's a must go for any kid! Funny though, because I've only seen one of them in my life. I guess it's not popular in this area? I remember it always being intimidating to walk by though because there was always at LEAST 100 people in there. Absolute chaos!

19. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    We have been a lot over the years to Build A Bear. We own several bears and love them. What a great place to make a memory with a child.

20. liquidfuzzy

liquidfuzzyMember

Threads:
    They have a replacement program so if your animal somehow gets damaged or destroyed in your lifetime, they will give you a new one for free! It is amazing. My fiance and I went there when we found out we were expecting our unborn daughter to make her her first bear. The worker there instructed us to make wishes on the hearts. We put in 2 hearts, one from me and one from him, and both made wishes for her to be born healthy and grow up happily. It was a beautiful experience. :)