Ever go to Build A Bear?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by dconklin • Jul 31, 2012.

1. clay1224

clay1224Banned

Threads:
    I have never been to Build a Bear, but I'd like to take my future kids terrains time in their life.

2. benn08

benn08Member

Threads:
    Sounds pretty cool, I didn't knew that those actually existed, I thought they were just myths, but thinking back now I'm such a dummy. When I have kids of my own one day, I'll probably take them there, as it actually seems like such a great experience. And instead of just buying a plush toy for them, you can actually get them to make it themselves, so they actually learn how to do some work, instead of instilling the value of money in them at such a young age.

3. Cyclone3616

Cyclone3616Member

Threads:
    I went there when I was much younger for my birthday. (like 5 or 6.) I was great because it even had a voice box to press, and it would say something, but I forget what it was. I recommend it because it is a teedy bears are companions for younger kids and they also learn how teddy bears are made.

4. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    Build A Bear is one of the stores I actually really enjoyed. I love customizing stuff haha

5. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    When I was a child I went to Animal Works twice, which was almost exactly the same thing. I'm pretty sure that company is out of business now, but I have two stuffed animals I still love and cherish to this day that I had a fun time making.

My mother has bought a pre-made owl at Build-A-Bear as a souvenir when we were in Chicago that's really adorable. I keep meaning to go back in on a date or something and make a new one (I think it'd be cute!) but I haven't gotten around to it yet. That aside, I've never heard a bad thing about Build-A-Bear!

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    We went a few years ago and our son (6 then) absolutely loved it...I was pretty impressed with the amount of choices, too. There are wild animals, dogs, cats and such as well as the usual bear. And of course tons of outfits and accessories. They also have options to put different noises (or even record your own!) in that play when you squeeze them. All in all it was a really fun experience for him, and his batman panda has held up quite well despite being dragged all over the place for months!

7. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't personally, but the store does seem like a cool concept. However, I wouldn't personally spend money on something like this unless it was for a gift. My older sister actually has one that her boyfriend got her. She even bought her an extra outfit. She is 26 years old.

8. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    No no no.
    And I can't even believe that these are still around.
    I'm sorry, but a "teddy bear" does not warrant its own store.
    You can get the same thing at walmart for crying out loud.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never been but would love to take my kids one day. I think the closest one to me is in another town which is an hour away i never went as a kid due to not having one near me so i would love to take my kids one day so that they could build their own bear i think it'd be a great time for the kids and me both and to spend time with my children doing something fun.

10. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I've been to Build A Bear a couple of times. They usually get busy around this time of year with Xmas coming and all. But sadly, the one where I live went out of business years ago.

11. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

We can rebuild him, to make him stronger. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY.:D

12. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I mean I had took my niece to build a bear before, and she seemed to enjoy herself a lot. However me on the other hand I was practically bored out of my mind lol. Overall though, I have always liked the idea of build a bear.

13. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I went when I was a kid. I was about ten or so. I remember that I loved it when I went. It was the coolest thing ever to me. I still have the bear I made there. I dressed it up in cute little pajamas and my grandma hid a note with her contact information in the bear and sewed it back up. I was going through different foster homes at the time, so she never knew when or if she would see me again or what state or city I would end up in next.

It is a little pricey, but it is an amazing experience for kids. If I ever have kids, and Build A Bear is still around when I do, I am definitely taking them there.

14. Dolson910

Dolson910Member

Threads:
    I have taken my two kids to Build A Bear in the past. They had fun, but they flew through each stage so it didn't take all that long to actually make the bear. So I think they didn't really appreciate the experience. I also found it to be very pricey. It is a really cute concept, but in the end, it is just another stuffed animal to have laying around collecting dust.

15. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    I have three grandchildren, and all three have Build a Bear animals. It is a great experience for them. They love picking it out, getting the heart, outfits, and naming it. Their biggest smile is when they get to walk out with their own created best friend.

Build a Bear has fury friends living at all three of the grandkids homes.

16. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been to build a bear and see no purpose in doing so.

When I have a child then you may see me at a place like that. Though, by that time there will be a virtual game that allows you to make a bear.

17. MegaZero

MegaZeroNew Member

Threads:
    Build a bear is a really good concept and I really like it. It is an awesome experience for kids at any ages and it gives them the freedom to create almost any bear imaginable. It is really affordable and not that expensive as people would think it is.

18. jazzalazz

jazzalazzMember

Threads:
    I am 19 years old and my friends took me there for my birthday. It is not only for little kids! We had a blast picking out the outfit for my bear! We were probably the oddest group the workers had seen, but more people should try to bring out their inner child!