Ever Had A Bank Close Your Account Without Notice?

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by hades_leae • Aug 13, 2016.

1. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    The second bank that I banked with closed down my account for no reason, and I never got one from them. I opened a checking account with a $25 dollar deposit, and also a savings account with a $25 dollar deposit. Literally not even 2 weeks later, I got a letter in the mail saying the bank decided to close out my account, and sent me a check in the mail.

I didn't approve of how they were going to give me my money back. What if I had $1,000,000 million dollars in there, would they send me a check in the mail knowing it could possibly get lost? I could've went to the bank and got the money, but it was closed days prior to me receiving the letter.

Anyone else had this happen before? And any reason as to why they would do that?

2. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    No, my bank has not closed my account without notice Actually,I have never heard anyone complaining about the bank closing their account without any notice However, I have experience of my account being deactivated because of no activity When there is no activity on the account for more than six months, the bank freezes the account, however, when you request to activate your account stating the reason of no activity, the bank will lift the hold on your account