Ever had a problem with used items on Amazon?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Colebra • Jul 19, 2014.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly just buy used books...
    And they are just impeccable, costing me sometimes a dollar!

Did you ever order other used stuff and had a problem?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, never. Like you, I have mainly bought books and also DVD's second hand, and they always arrived exactly as described. I have been regularly buying from Amazon for almost 4 years now and have never encountered any problems. Most of my orders have arrived quickly and I had no cause to complain.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not purchased any thing used on Amazon. I know there are people selling used items on Amazon. Your review of Amazon does give me more confidence to purchase something used if I see something I like.

4. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    No - Amazon is one of the few places I trust on the Internet to purchase goods from. They have NEVER done me wrong. The product always looks like the same as pictured on the site and their prices are fair.

My favorite item to buy off of Amazon.com are crossword puzzle books you can't find at a regular store. I have also gotten cell phone cases from them.

5. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I've bought used stuff from Amazon before but I've never gotten a bad item or something that wasn't as described/expected. I feel like Amazon is really good about that kind of stuff, and even if you buy it from another user and their rating is 80% or above it generally comes out to be pretty good.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As far as used purchases go, I've never had any problems. You can use the A-Z Guarantee to get a refund on any problematic used items. Amazon's customer service has always been good to me when I had problems with brand new items, too. The sellers on Amazon need to maintain good ratings, and if they sell a used item that's defective, then it'll affect their ratings in a big way when complaints are made. Amazon's a pretty decent place to buy used goods from compared to the other options.

7. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    You know, I had a problem with shipping once, but the dealer sent me the movie again for free. Other than that, I have never once had a problem with anything I have gotten from Amazon. I have on Ebay, but Amazon is very legit and careful with their products and sellers I believe. Plus, I like how they actually have reviews so you can see if something is good or bad before you purchase it.

8. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    I have never bought anything used on Amazon. I guess I am a bit nervous about it. I think that books would be a good place to start :).

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can only recall one time where I've had a problem. I was buying Band Hero and the seller sent the one for the wrong platform but I told them about it and they sent me a refund told me to order it again from them and the right item was sent to me in an adequate amount of time. So they're very trustworthy because even if you do have a problem with the item which is rare, you will get the issue resolved.

10. Billynlex

BillynlexNew Member

Threads:
    I've always received exceptional customer service at Amazon. They routinely go out of their way to make their customer happy, most notably in methods that are far from the average in the online retail environment. A great example would be them returning a coat I purchased three years ago but had placed in my closet thinking I might gain some weight. I hadn't, of course, and despite the purchase being three years old and having since changed bank accounts, they were more than willing to work the extra mile to ensure i was given proper credit.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon has very strict rules for approving sellers to sell items and they have high standards for used items on Amazon. So I haven't bought any bad used items from Amazon.
    I did have to return a new item that was damaged in shipping, but Amazon has a great return policy and they let you print off a shipping label and send the item back for free if it is defective or broken.

12. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I've only really bought used DVDs and CDs on Amazon and I have to admit I have never had a problem with a single one that has been delivered to me. Sadly I can't say the same for the ones I've received from Ebay, I've had a lot of things arrive that don't work - one of them being a washing machine! Hence one of the reasons why I don't use Ebay anymore - that and over half my items never arrive.

13. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Ebay more than Amazon primarily because they deliver things faster when I order them online. But when it comes to book, there is no other place like Amazon. Like you, I prefer to buy old books. I have never had any issues with it so far.

14. Execsapphire

ExecsapphireNew Member

Threads:
    I have purchased used books from Amazon users. I have not had a problem with the items I purchased. For books I do usually search half.com first, it is an eBay company that only sells books and media. Amazon warehouse deals are pretty cool too. They are not technically used items, but they are items that users have opened then returned. I have made a few Amazon warehouse purchases with no problem as well. Most of the time the item looks new, but if it does not they will have that in the description of the item.

15. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    The only time I have ever had a problem was once when I bought a DVD and it was scratched even though they said it was in perfect condition. I complained to them and they were very apologetic, saying that something must have gone wrong during the quality control process. They refunded me the money without asking me to post the item back, which I thought was great because a lot of companies make you pay yourself to return the item, so you still end up out of pocket either way - but Amazon do seem to be a lot more professional than that.

16. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Amazon is known for its quality of the products they deliver and its service. I do not think it is very easy to find defects in their services. I never had any problems with the delivery as I always got the products and items in good quality. I love amazon for its excellent service, due to which I prefer it more than other sites. Also, I prefer to buy books from other sites also, if it is comparatively cheaper.

17. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    From my experiences a lot of the "Used" items are not ever really much more expensive than the "New" goods, so for me I usually can't justify buying used when a new item really isn't that much more expensive. That said I have purchased a DVD before and all went well.

18. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I personally have not had any problems with products from Amazon. I always buy electronics from there and they work great. The only site that I have had problem with used products is from Ebay. I ordered a laptop from there and it worked a week and never came on again.

19. acnxtj

acnxtjNew Member

Threads:
    I've been using Amazon for about 2 years now and i've never had any major problems or extremely late deliveries, I usually look for items which say "fuffiled by amazon" on the item page that way I know I'm getting what I paid for

20. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't remember having bought anything used from Amazon, but I'm pretty sure that if you ever have a problem Amazon will do something about it. Amazon has pretty good customer service. Once at work we ordered something from Amazon and the box was never delivered. They didn't ask any questions, they simply sent a brand-new box with everything we had asked in a matter of a couple of days.