Ever had your Paypal account hacked?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by addicted_buyer • Aug 2, 2012.

1. webdesignsbyapw

webdesignsbyapwNew Member

Threads:
    This has never happened to me. Actually, PayPal is very secure. However, if you give your details to the wrong person, it is easy to get your PayPal hacked. I remember one time when my friend signed up for a password saver that could memorize all her passwords online. Because of this, they found out her PayPal information and got into it to pay for a bunch of items that she never ordered. It was an absolute mess and when she got back from vacation, she was on the phone with PayPal for a long time, explaining her situation.

2. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    No, but then I use common sense and I have a very small profile online - which really seems to help. That said the guy using the blue avatar isn't being amusing.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I think I have I had got an email saying my account got deactivated so I had to confirm my identity and I had to change my password.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For some reason paypal figured that my account had been accessed. They slapped restrictions on it [and inconvenienced me badly]. While I think their vigilance does help where genuine hacking occurs I think they should let someone lift restrictions on their account by answering some secret question. . .

5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This thread is rather apt because a thread of mine had his Paypal account hacked just a few days ago. He doesn't use his Paypal account to buy stuff very often as he is not an avid online shopper but he did have a considerable amount of money in his account. He never usually checked his statements but when he did a few days ago he realised his account had been hacked. He has been on the phone to get it resolved. Their customer service is appalling, all outsourced to India.

6. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I never experienced that kind of thing. I heard some people complaining about this kind of thing, fortunately I never encountered any problem with my paypal account.

7. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Which is rather sad considering how shoddy their services for Indian have been until a few months back.

As for the hacking part, no never happened. I am usually very careful about monetary matters, so I've never had any sort of issues with my paypal account.

8. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    Thank god I never had my account hacked. But I know of some people getting their account hacked. They do get their money back but it takes efforts and time. Even if someone hacks my account, he wouldnt find money in my account because I never keep money in paypal. I either withdraw it or shop online.

9. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Not just yet. I'd really suck if it did, I don't have much money but I like to keep what I make in there... Remember that your account is only as strong as your password is, and your password is only as strong as how secure you keep it.