Ever Hosted A Clothing Swap?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Nov 4, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are thousands of sites on the net where you can exchange the clothes you don't wear anymore for clothes you believe are still good enough to be worn.

On such sites there's no guarantee the clothes you list will be liked by someone but if you host a clothing swap the likelihood of getting your clothes grabbed by someone is quite high and in exchange you'll get "new" clothes.

It's pretty easy to host a clothing swap. Tell your friends about it and tell them to tell their friends. Each attendee must bring a specific number of clothing items or accessories.

You won't be losing be losing anything.

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of this actually. I mean there are swaps of other sorts like books and household goods, so I don't see why clothing swaps wouldn't be done. It is really kind of interesting to think about. Maybe I will do a web search for this. I don't have a lot of name brand clothing, but I would be curious to see what some of the things that are offered would be.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a brilliant idea! But it wouldn't really work for me because nobody around me wears the same sort of sizes. I'm a small woman and most of my friends and family are taller and a different build to mine. I'd be sitting there watching them do all the swapping while I felt like an outsider LOL

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been contemplating doing this for a while now but I think it will take a bit of planning for me because I'd like to have a nice place to do it in so I'd probably just find a good place to rent out. Also I'm thinking of making it invitational only because I'd also like to be in control of the security of the place and the people coming in. I also worry about theft so I'm planning on just starting out small the first time around. I agree though that it is a great way to save since many people probably have clothes they don't use anymore but are still in too good of a condition to just sell at a loss or even given away, and this way you could just trade it for something of equal value.

5. Lushlala

Threads:
    Although I agree it's a good idea, I also thought it might be a security hazard too, @DrRipley. I don't know if I'd be comfortable with people I didn't know having the full run of my house, even if they were friends of friends. I'd probably stick to a very small number of people I actually knew well because there's the risk of damage to your property, and maybe even theft.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Yeah I've been wanting to host one to get rid of a lot of items I never use and I do have a lot of them so something like this could be really helpful, but it don't know where I would start and when I think about all I have to worry about I get a bit overwhelmed. I'm still hoping to make one happen soon though and I'm thinking I'll probably just rent out a cheap neutral space and maybe ask a small fee from participants, and I don't know how well that would work but I will just probably try it once and see how it goes.

7. Lushlala

Threads:
    I think this could work, although knowing people, they'd probably grumble about having to chip in. But maybe if you started with a small circle of friends, you all chipped in towards the unit rental and maybe a few snacks and drinks, you wouldn't have to shoulder all the expenses. That way you also don't have to worry about the security of your house and other stuff.