Ever Joined A Dvd Club?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Denis Hard • Feb 16, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For those who just must buy physical copies of movies or those who prefer to watch DVDs rather than streaming movies on the net for whatever reason, joining a DVD club could save you a lot of money. It works just like a book club. You swap DVDs. The more members the club has, the more movies you are likely to get.

Even if no such [DVD swapping] club might exist in your city, there are a number of sites on the net which make the process even easier. The site linked to below is believed to be one of the best sites for swapping DVDs on the net. Click away and find out for yourself how much you can save.

"We help movie lovers Swap, Trade & Exchange DVDs.

- A 49-cent swap fee applies to receiving DVDs.
    - DVDs you request are mailed to you postage-paid."

2. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    This is interesting, and I might try it out because I love to watch movies. However, I really like to own my movies so that I can watch them whenever the mood comes. I wonder if there is a part of this swapadvd that allows buying dvd's as well as swapping. I'll have to check the site out more in-depth to find that out.

3. Radix24

Radix24Active Member

Threads:
    For a second there, I thought this thread was about renting DVDs. Anyway, this is the first time I have heard of DVD swapping. This will be an interesting thing to try out. However, is there a queue for this? I think there is a system like that since the testimonial said that he/she was number 1 on a DVD. If one is patient, then this could be a good way to save a lot. I need to read more on how this works.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Very interesting, my son-in-law does the same type of thing for books and comics. I am not a big movie personm but a audio book exchange would interest me. I don't have time to read alot and I love to read, audio books helps me to fill my need to read.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think you can buy DVDs on swapadvd.

But if you want to sell your DVDs and buy new . . . [used ones] then there's this other site

which is also great. You can sell [DVDs you've watched] and buy used [cheap] DVDs from the site.

6. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    It sounds like an interesting concept, but I'm not too sure about all the small details. Who gets priority for the highly sought after DVDs, and who is accountable if they are defective/stolen? There are plenty of B-grade movies out there which no one would really want to watch and swap for in my opinion.

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I use to belong to a video club that became a DVD club where I bought DVD's for a good price. But I have never actually heard of a club where you swap DVD's with other members before. I think this is an interesting concept and certainly would keep people constantly with new movies to watch along with others, without having to spend a whole lot of money in doing so. I know that some would say why bother when today there are so many websites streaming movies online for free or for a nominal price, bot some of us aren't into downloading films. I know that I'm not and certainly don't know how someone would go about even doing so, not that I am big movie watcher. When I was in that club it was more for my mother who at the time was still alive and spent much time watching films the it was for my enjoyment. For people such as myself who does love movies a DVD Swap club could be a good fit.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Going to the DVD club will entail time and effort, as compared to just downloading movies online. I guess for DVD fans that would be a good idea, but I'd rather just download the movie that I want to watch. And I remember when I was renting DVD's before, and there are some DVD's that had poor playback in some parts because the DVD was badly scratched in a certain spot so some scenes are skipped. So that's the downside of renting DVD's.

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I've been swapping DVD copies with some of my friends, and sometimes, we get together, sleep-over, and throw a movie marathon. Then after watching several movies, we're going to talk about the plots and what are our opinions about the movies and their characters. It's not really a DVD club, it's just how we bond together as friends. But that DVD club thing really sounds interesting.

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We once joined a DVD club when DVD popularity was still at its height. Now, what with video streaming sites like Dailymotion, Vimeo, Youtube and Veoh, it's rare to find DVD clubs where you can borrow a copy of the latest movies. Some people use torrent sites to download movies and watch them directly from their PCs or laptops.

11. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have been in a couple of groups that are like this. One of the reasons that I like it so much is because of the fact that once I have bought a DVD, I don't usually bother to watch it again after the first time, so it is a bit of a waste of money for me to have the disc. However, if I know that I am going to buy something, I will let my friends know that they can borrow it when I have seen it, so that they don't have to buy it for themselves. They also try to do the same thing for me as well, so none of us have to buy all that much on our own anymore. I would fully recommend that everybody does this, as it is more than worth it.

12. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I think a DVD swapping dynamic makes a lot of sense. After all, how many DVDs are you really going to watch again? There isn't any club like that near me but I would like to encourage one.

13. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I never did. Even though I love watching movies it's a bit daunting to have a membership or be in part of a club that you might not even be active on. I do swap DVD's to some friends but once you have Netflix it's hard to get into DVD's anymore

14. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, when I looked more at the site, I didn't see where there was a way to purchase, but that's ok. Thanks for the hook-up as far as buying DVD's goes. I tend to be a movie junkie (I might have said that before, lol) and love a good story, so when I get ready to watch a certain movie, I like to have it on hand.

15. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    This is very interesting. I did not know you could swap DVD's online. I have always been a member of Netflix. I love to watch movies so I may give this a try. I love Netflix but some of their movies are old. If I could swap DVD's for some of the newest releases I would definitely join.

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My friends and I used to have a sort of agreement when it came to this. We all bought lots of DVDs so we always just ended up trading them with each other after we've watched it once. Of course with this method a lot of them never got returned but it was ok since we all were guilty of it so we all had at least a few of them that weren't ours.