Ever seen something really painful happen to someone in real time?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Nick2011 • Apr 21, 2013.

1. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Ever seen something really painful happen to someone in real time? I saw a 13 year old get hit by a car once in real time. You could hear the sickening POP of the car's front making contact with his forehead. Luckily, he just suffered a cut forehead (cut not split), and a bruised chin. :confused:

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yikes! How lucky is he?? I don't think I've ever seen anything super painful happen to anyone. I've seen plenty of fights I wouldn't want to be on the losing end of, but other than that.. I don't think so? I saw two human beings ripped out of my body, does that count? lol.. I think that beats most things in the pain department :p

3. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Ha! Definitely. I think women have a higher pain threshold than men simply because they get pregnant, carry around a human life, and then have to birth that human being through a part of their body that isn't large enough for it to just slide out of without any discomfort. :p

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yikes, I'm so glad the kid was okay. I think I would have just been sick for days afterward.

I have seen anything bad happen in real time. I have heard a few bad car accidents and turned around to see the aftermath.

5. sking61

sking61Member

Threads:
    I have seen several car accidents happen. I seen a woman on a scooter get hit before crossing a street. She ended up being okay.

6. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I have never seen any accidents, and I'm glad.
    I guess I'm a lucky person, but I have seen many videos of people getting run over by careless drivers, people getting pushed off the train tracks.
    It is very gruesome.

7. MaraJadeC

MaraJadeCMember

Threads:
    I have never seen accidents as well. Thankfully. But I have seen a street show where the actors purposely hurt themselves for entertainment (walking on shards of glass, pulling a van with the chain attached around the neck, etc). Horrible horrible. :eek:

8. BrianWolfe

BrianWolfeMember

Threads:
    I was out skaing one day and I saw a kid (a friend of my cousin's) who tripped, lost his balance and fell and then hit his head on the ground. It didn't look or sound pretty. There was blood all over the skating ring floor and security people were running around and calling the paramedics. Luckily the poor boy survived with a minor concussion some blood loss but he made a full recovery.

It made you shudder to hear his head and face smack into the ground and then to see all the blood puddling around.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh my gosh, that sounds awful. I've hit my head a few times on the ice (figure skating) and it was SO painful.. couldn't imagine it with that outcome though. This reminded me of something I just remembered seeing. Skating with my class, someone fell and another person skated right over his hand. I remember the blood, but I can't remember how bad the injury ended up being, it was so long ago.

10. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

Yeah performance artists is what they call themselves. I don't pay attention to the sadists though. I might check out those ones where the person does a high tightrope walk from one building to the next though. Now that requires skill!

11. taskeinc

taskeincMember

Threads:
    Fortunately I've not seen anything painful happen to someone in "real-time" and I don't want to see it either. The saddest sights I witnessed, after the fact, both times, was a guy who had been shot several times, and he didn't make it. The next one, I was in major traffic one day on I-285 in Atlanta, traffic was backed up for miles. Just as traffic started to move I could see what caused the traffic jam. A guy had been hit by a car, while he was on the side of the road, and he had been dragged for a few miles before the driver realized he had hit the guy (don't ask me how). The deceased guy was covered up but both his hands were not covered and they were up, or out, as if he had been dragged. When I watched the 11 o'clock news, that is when I found out how he died, and why he was positioned the way he was, with his arms stretched out.

Don't look at me, Nick2011 created this thread ..

#11May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
  12. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Shot seven times in front of you or like were you at the hospital and they wheeled the dude into the ER while you were there for something else?

13. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I think seeing someone get shot does the most damage.
    Seeing someone get shot right in front of you will stick into your head, and it's like you can't forget it.
    If you do anything similar, that image will pop into your head.

14. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I once had a fight on a football pitch when 25 people associated with the opposing team decided to ambush us after the game and I kicked one of the guys in the testicles and later on he reported me to the football league because one of his testicles went up and he had to have surgery to have it put back in place again. That made my eyes water.

15. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    When i was at a crossover, a guy decided to cross it with his bike without looking, and a car just hit him full force, throwing him into the ground a few meters away. There was blood everywhere and i never heard of that guy anymore. I was young, and that was a long time ago, so i don't know if he survived or not.

16. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I hate seeing things that like in real time I can barely handle seeing it on tv or something. I have seen a lot of things I have seen a little car run out into a parking lot and get hit by a car the screaming was horrible. Than I saw a guy get jumped by a group of people there was blood every where it was horrible.

17. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Well hey when you go looking for a fight and get one then you can't complain. Even if you happen to lose a "soldier" in the process. It amazes me though how after good clean fun like football at the park or similar events including little league games, people on the losing end just don't know how to act. Grown people at that.

18. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I have seen a small dog get completely pummelled by a car, and the driver never stopped or even slowed down. It was really brutal. It was obviously a stray dog - a Yorkshire terrier. Basically it was on the road and the car came and purposely run it over, it went under the wheel and basically blood and guts were everywhere. It made me really angry that someone could be that evil and cowardly. Some people just have no conscience it seems.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen anyone get horribly injured in real time. I've seen people after they were injured, like my ex coming home with broken teeth after getting hit with a 2X4 in a bar fight.

I wish I hadn't seen ReishiSpore's story about the dog. It's disgusting that people harm animals on purpose.
    A dog has the intelligence of a toddler and it's really depressing to hear about the things that people do to dogs.
    I had to stop watching Miami Animal Police because it was too upsetting.

20. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

Well as angering as that story is I will just say I hope the driver didn't see the dog because it was a small dog and maybe they just were going too fast to see it. Also these days, texting while driving on talking on your cell while driving, most drivers barely see their fellow human beings crossing the street. One of my moms friends was hit by a driver who kept going last year. She lived but needed a plate in her shoulder and wrist. It happens to people and animals. Unfortunately.