Ever Thought Of Buying A Mini Projector?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Denis Hard • Jun 30, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They aren't that costly and can be great if you want to get that theater-like feel watching a movie on a huge screen. I've heard that there are some people who also use these mini-projectors so they can watch their movies while lying in bed. The projector is pointed at the ceiling [assuming you've got no fancy ceiling lights + fans there] and you watch your movie there.

What do you guys think? Would buying a projector make watching movies in a theater less enticing [if you don't have to watch movies the first day they are released]?

2. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    A mini LCD/DLP/LCOS projector is a great device to recreate a cinema like environment with dimmer LED lights and surround 7.1 sound system technology. Is more comfortable to setup (since It requires smaller space) instead of a giant screen, but forget about watching tv with the lights on.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I have some friends who actually bought a projector instead of a tv for their living room. It sounds greats from the aspect of saving space and money. The bigger screen would also be nice. I think the biggest holdup for me is that I hate watching tv in the dark. I despise the glare when watching tv in the dark, so I can't imagine that a projector would be much better.

4. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    A mini projector is a great thing to have! My friends use theirs often in the summer. They actually have a fairly dark backyard when the porch lights are turned off at night. They tack a white flat bed sheet to their garage or shed and have outdoor movie night for them and the neighbors. The kids love it. They do it a few times a month. It really has been a big hit for them. Once, the guys even hooked up a laptop to the projector and streamed a night football game. They were in heaven, plus, it looked pretty cool.