Ever Thought Of Starting A Gardening Club Or Joining One?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Denis Hard • Jul 9, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are lots of ways you can gain from being a member of a gardening club. First there's knowledge you'll gain that will make you a better gardener. When buying stuff for gardening you could get discounts if you buy what you need as a group and there's also the fact that if you make some new friends you could not only get some free seeds and plants for your garden, you could also swap seeds with other gardeners and that would save you a lot of money.

#1Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is a garden club here with one member inviting me to join. But when I got the details of the garden club, I realized that they have so many activities and I might not be able to always attend. Most of their activities are charity sales of potted plants although there are interesting endeavors like agri-pilgrimage. Maybe I am quite selfish with my time but I am only being honest.

3. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, I've thought about starting one. For many years, it was only myself and my neighbor across from me were the only gardeners on the street. We've slowly got other neighbors interested in gardening with the surplus of harvest that we've shared through the years. I've given seeds to neighbors that were interested in planting certain types of fruits and vegetables to help get them started. My next door neighbor and I have both shared our love for gardening with some of the neighborhood kids that take interest in whatever we're growing. So, I guess you can say, we have an official, unofficial gardening club.

4. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    Even though i like gardening, i am afraid a gardening club would be boring. I could be way off and dealing in stereotypes. I am also concerned that i would not have the money to fully participate as i am on a limited income.

5. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I am a certified master gardener and it has a lot of perks. It's a great way to learn about every aspect of gardening and outdoor care of landscape. The people are friendly. It's a good group. It has drawbacks too, though. I paid 150 to become an intern in the program. It didn't stop there. Though the yearly dues are nominal, I am required to do quite a lot of volunteer time and advanced training. That's fine until push comes to shove and I'm running out of time. I am really too busy for this group and plan to take a leave of absence.

6. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    @cluckeyo@cluckeyo thanks for sharing your experience in a gardening club/group. The requirements and commitments can have a toll on people, even though they love being apart of a club.

7. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I have always wanted to become a master gardener, but I didn't realize how much time it really took. It's still something I would like to pursue in the future. I have been a member of informal garden clubs. We used to exchange fruits, vegetables, and flowers. We had lunch together. We took pictures of our gardens to share. It was nice and not boring at all. We had a grand time, but I no longer live in that state anymore.

8. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    we don't have any gardening club in our town. However, I am on an online forum dedicated to the farmers and gardeners.The forum called Gardening Forum is a place where farmers and gardeners from around the world share theri experience about farming and gardening. I am a farmer and I would like to start a farmers' group so that we can talk about our problems as well as success.