Everyone Here is Mad at Target!

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by cinderr • Sep 20, 2013.

1. cinderr

cinderrMember

Threads:
    In my mid western city, I am hearing many bad reports on Target. There are problems with returns especially. I, on the other hand, have had excellent results with their return policy. It may mean I get a gift card instead of cash back but I can always find something I need at Target.
    I wondered this: Is Target worldwide or only in America? Have you had bad experiences with Target?:confused:

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure if target is worldwide or not. But I have a target in my town and I have never had a problem with them.

3. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    No, Target doesn't have locations all over the world just only in America, but they do have an online store that you can buy from. However, I've noticed that most of the grocery items they don't sell online buy only through the stores. I haven't bought anything from them as yet to determine whether or not their customer service is great, but I do like some of the things they sell like their furniture.

4. RomanAnthonysMama

RomanAnthonysMamaMember

Threads:
    I cannot STAND Target. My dad picked out a table there, it was listed as 50 bucks, brought it to the register, and nope, was actually 200 or so. So then he found a nice shirt. Said it was 20 bucks. Brought it to the register, was actually 40. Then I found some yoga pants another time. Said they were 7 bucks. Brought them to the register, they were actually 19.99. The clerk went back and saw that these items had SEVERAL of the same items piled together with the same price marker, so they're supposed to honor the price listed, but nope, they didn't. What horrible, HORRIBLE costumer service they have.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't had a bad experience so far with Target but I only buy from them occasionally since Walmart is closer to me. Once I ordered from Target.com and I wasn't thrilled with the huge box for a small phone.
    Overpackaging annoys me.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have shopped at Target a few times, and I don't much like them either, and I am actually surprised that they are still in business. Their prices are higher than Walmart for the exact same item, and they advertise things that are not in stock when you get to the store. I hate that, especially when you have to drive a ways to get there, and they have advertised something that is not even in stock at the store, and they tell you that you can order it online.
    The one we have here does not even have much for groceries in the store, so I think it must just be the super Targets that have a real grocery.
    This one is more like a deluxe convenience store that a department store, and it is not wonder that the parking lot is usually empty, in my opinion.

7. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I been to target many times and I never had any bad experience with them. So far all the visits were okay. Most of the people working are very helpful. The target I been visiting is the one in Crestwood in IL. I don't know with others.

8. pxyc

pxycNew Member

Threads:
    Never had a bad Target experience. They always have stuff that I need and their return policy seems fine to me. I've returned a few things and had no problems at all. I also haven't had a problem with bad price labels there, guess it's just a localized problem.

9. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had any issues with Target and I've been in locations in quite a few different cities and states. They are rather consistent in terms of service.

10. pristine

pristineNew Member

Threads:
    When you say America, are you saying USA? Because there is a target here in Canada opening very very soon. I'm looking forward to the opening as I heard great stuff from my friends from the USA.

11. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    Target here in Southern California seems to be doing well. I personally have never had a problem with selection, price or customer service. Seems out here Wal mart has a worse PR problem.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My local Target in Miami has a price scanner, so if there was a discrepancy in the price tags I would catch it before going to the register. I think all big stores should have those price scanners so that customers can know the actual price of an item before they get to the checkout.

13. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on the customer service people at target because many times they can be overly nice but they never have the answer to any of your questions. This is why I try to find a decent person who can help me in the store so that I never have any surprises at the cash register.

14. kmo1484

kmo1484New Member

Threads:
    Personally, I LOVE Target! I have only good things to say. They price match, even with online retailers like Amazon, and their return policy is reasonable and easy. They also have great prices on groceries, and their clothing is on-trend, decent quality and again, well-priced. Love!

15. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    returning to target is a NIGHTMARE. We registered there for our wedding. And got many many duplicates. We tried to take stuff back to Target and didn't have a reciept. We had our registry that said we had registered for 2 of something and also showed that 4 of that thing had been purchased. But no, they would not take it back. The policy at the time was that each person (and they register your drivers license) could return up to $30.00 of non-receipted merchandise a year! A YEAR! The things we had gotten were $40 so we couldn't even do that!

We also registered at Macy's and they use their own barcodes, so they knew everything that had been purchased from Macy's and allowed us to return anything we wanted. We could either get a Macy's gift card or cash for it.

We also registered at Bed Bath and Beyond. If it was on our registry there, even if it hadn't been purchased from there, they allowed it to return it, at the price it was when we registered for it. We could get cash or a gift card.

Walmart and Kohls also have amazing return policies. If they sell it, they'll give you store credit for whatever they are currently selling it for. Even ifyou don't have a receipt.

16. Lorigh

LorighNew Member

Threads:
    My local Target is quite good. So far, if they find they have made a pricing error, they will give me the difference. I have also gotten discounts for missing buttons, belts, and makeup stains. :)

17. doney96

doney96Banned

Threads:
    You are right about the price labels! If the price label says ten dollars but at the checkout it says something else they do have to honour it, l know stores here in the UK do honour the price label even if the price is different at the till. We don't have any Target stores in the UK but who knows that might change.