Evil Dead Review

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by MoniqueSeibel • Apr 10, 2013.

1. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I went to see the Evil Dead remake this past weekend and I loved it. I'm also a pretty big fan of the original. It still had a lot of comedic elements but was much more gory. There were a few parts, as there often are in horror movies, where you question why people would make certain decisions. However, I think they were able to compensate for those moments with some really good horror scenes. If you love gory movies I would recommend this one. My sister didn't watch half of the movie and was horrified.

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Does it have the old charm of the original? Is the CG bland and obvious? I will be waiting for this to come out in bluray to get it, and i hope to not get disappointed!

3. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    The originals are brilliant! I've been a fan of them forever. Can't wait to see the new one.

4. fourmatic

fourmaticMember

Threads:
    I love the originals back in the day. This one looks too scary and serious for my liking. I've read a few reviews saying its quite scary but it lacks the silliness of the first one. I don't mind if they just took the basic idea of the first movie but with out the funny parts, I think they might have been better off naming this something different. I might catch this on netflix when it comes out but I defiantly wont be seeing it in theaters.

5. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I was quite skeptical about this at first. For one thing remakes usually spell disaster in my eyes. And how are you going to remake such a classic film that had such a huge cult following. So my sons and I did decide to give it a chance , and we went to go see it. Well I must say I found it to be even better than the original. No there was not the little quirky comedy that the original had. But it surely did not lack in gore and truamatic scenes. There was nothing cheesy about it. And in my opinion the acting was better than the original cast. It is definetly worth seeing, you will not be disappointed.