Exercise without equipments?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by daimashin • Mar 24, 2014.

1. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    My gym machine broke a couple of weeks ago and I've not been able to work-out since. How can I get the same amount of work-out without using any exercise equipment? I'm trying to save some money by just working out using whatever I have.

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    You could try push-ups, abs and squats. They cover a good range of muscles and you don't need any equipment to perform the exercises. Just make sure to search some videos that show the proper posture for each if you're unfamiliar with their execution. Hopefully you can get your machine fixed for cheap :)

3. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    Walk, run and swim are the first things that come to mind. Use the steps in the house to step up and down on. Find household objects of equal weights to do arm toning exercises. Dance around to some music. If you have a bike the try cycling.

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Push-ups, sit-ups and squats are three of the best methods I've found for home training. Body-weight training is often better than what you get at the gym. Also, if you can get access to it, programs like P90x use a lot of body-weight strength training excercises.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Get creative and look around your house. I have used water bottles, iron bars and ropes in the past and set up my own special gym in the shed. Also you can try and find an outdoor gym in your area. I have got two in my immediate neighbourhood. They have got all kinds of useful machines and you can get a good work-out. Walk, run, ride your bike. Best work-out for me will always be swimming.

6. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    Like others have said, your body can be its own piece of equipment to work out with. Using the weight of your body is a cheaper option and can be much more effective in getting results. I'd also suggest getting a pair of dumbbells. I know that this is still equipment, but you don't need to go to a gym for them and they are relatively cheap. Also, you can do a variety of exercises with dumbbells (curls, flies, extensions) and definitely get a good workout in.

7. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I do all my exercise without equipment, just do some sit-ups, squats and push-ups, you can also go jogging or hiking if you feel the other exercises aren't enough.
    As for weights, I'm sure you can find something around the house, maybe big water bottles?

8. Adryan

AdryanMember

Threads:
    You should do swimming and jogging it will help in increasing your stamina and then do push ups, squats and sit -ups this will help you to stay fit if you do it regularly and i don't think you need an particular equipment to work out why waste money when you can do it for free!!:)

9. Galadriel

GaladrielNew Member

Threads:
    Run outside! Nature is your gym, friend! Lots of people don't get enough cardio exercise. It's great for your heart and lungs, and requires very little "equipment." If you run frequently, a good pair of running shoes is a good idea, but you can easily make do with what you have. You can also find a lot of work-out videos for free online (P90X, Insanity, etc). Those are quite intense, but you can easily make them workable for you!