Exercising Without Spending

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Ani_m • Jun 30, 2017.

1. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    Today we have so many options online for fitness, that we may no longer need a gym. At least for regular exercises. There are so many videos, apps, meal planning websites to do so. My favorite YouTube channel for workouts is XHIT. They even have a Victoria Secret playlist with several workouts. My favorite app is MyFitnessPal to track my meals and Zombies, Run! For a fun walk. How do you keep in shape using apps, videos or websites without spending money on a gym? Which do you enjoy?

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I do not like going to the gym at all because I get bored and I have a problem thinking about working on equipment that other people have sweated on. I prefer to go on a nature hike to get exercise. You can look at beautiful scenery and the terrain on the trails changes so much that it gives your muscles a good workout.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go to the gym, instead I exercise at home which is more convenient for me not to mention I don't need to pay for anything :) I like XHIT as well and find Rebecca super cool! Love her videos! :D Anyway, I enjoy watching and dancing with The Fitness Marshall. Caleb is super fun and witty and I totally love his energy and craziness in all of his videos so he's my favorite :)

4. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I do my exercise in my local environment I do not always go to the gym. Exercising at home doesn't cost me money and I can do that as long as I want. In order to learn more different types of exercises and how to carry them out I do watch videos online and read about them. These I practice at home. Good thing I have enough space in my compound for regular routine exercise.

5. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    You have to love the internet. I love how we can now find any and all information about the things we want to learn. No one has to spend money to get the basics of how to exercise or create healthy meals. I found a great nutritional expert who gives great advice on meal planning and exercises online. Her name is JJ Virgin, and I think it's amazing the amount of free information she's giving away and it's all super helpful.

6. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, Ani_m, you are right many YouTube videos can help us a lot on exercising at home. Sometimes I do exercise at home, or I am exercises traction or lift ups with my dumbbell, but I am still going to Gym three times a week and do what my coach tells me to do!
    Exercises at home don't compare with using a gym!

7. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Walking is the best exercise and for that all you have to do is go out of house. That's all. You can burn a lot of calories. You can do any exercise you want in the public. You can meet new people. And also you can get fresh air. Another option is to do yoga, which does not require a single thing. Many people buy mats and stuff but that's not even required. Most of the people with some deep pocket do that. These two are more than enough for the exercise.

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I keep my body fit by exercising regularly at home. I'm alternating between a zumba and taebo video - the zumba when I want a more relaxed routine and taebo on days when I feel like I'm Wonder Woman :D. At least thrice a week, I do march/step routine while swinging my arms up in the air or lifting dumb bells to max the workout. This is a routine that I can do while watching TV and this made me lose 20 pounds in a month when I was doing it almost every day. Free, simple, and effective, I should say. For variation, I also go to this gym which only charges less than a dollar per session (unlimited) and have no membership fees. I mostly use the stationary bike and bench presses because I don't have them at home.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't work out as much as I used to but when I did I found it more effective when I did my routine at home. I feel like I saved a good amount of money and felt more motivated at home as I find the gym boring. When I had a chance to do workouts with one of my cousins then we used to go to a health program which provided the excercise machines, yoga and zumba sessions.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It’s really funny to think that some people are has to travel a distance to go to the gym. Think of the gas that they spend for that. And in the gym, what they do is to burn fats. So why not just walk your way to the gym? That’s a tough question but a logical one. If you are just an ordinary mortal, not a model, not a celebrity, then the home is the best place to do your workout. It is cheap, no hassle with the traffic and you save time. I’m sure gym owners would smirk at this post but that’s reality. Why go to the gym? Just to show off huh.

11. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I find that for me, exercising at home alone is not sufficient but it still does not have to cost me to do the extra. What I need to do is top up the home activity with some running or jogging. Without this, my body is not able to reach the peak efficiency level.

12. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    That is so true @Alexandoy@Alexandoy ! I have a few friends who travel about 2-3 kilometres on their two-wheelers to go the gym, but when I suggest them to walk instead, their response is 'who has time to walk?' and also that walking is boring!
    In fact, I enjoy walking. Me and my husband go for a walk daily in the morning and then if we have time, in the evening too. We take different routes every few days so as to break the monotony! It is cheap, fun and enjoyable!

#12Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just saw Dick Van Dyke on late night infomercial about Tai Chi Cheng. I like this for older people and was talking to my Mom who is 91 about it. I'll be looking for some sites and youtube for Tai Chi for beginners. We need to keep fit to keep healthy and mobile so we can do what we need to do. I like to go to the library to borrow books about it too.

14. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    @Ani_m@Ani_m Of late, I've just been following random YouTube channels for fitness. Often, in mornings. I ran a busy schedule lately. I've also been following Instagram Motivators to keep fit through the stretch-lessons and various exercise they post in there accounts/walls.

#14Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  15. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    There are so many ways you can exercise without spending at all or spending very little.You can run, walk, jog or swim. You can get a couple of Zumba DVDs and dance your way to fitness in your living room. You can join a gym that offers specific services, in other words, a gym that allows you to pay only for using the dance room or aerobic floor or bicycle class. This way, you wont have to pay for the entire subscription.

If all else fails, you can just stretch every morning and climb your stairs for about ten minutes to get your body moving.

16. arachnophobik

arachnophobikMember

Threads:
    Exercise without spending money has always been around for as long as I can remember, it just so happens that gyms gained so much popularity over the years that people started to think that the only way they could lose weight is by working out in a gym. There's freeletics available in the appstore and it gives quite amazing workouts. You could also try calisthenics to get muscle gains, compared to getting a benchpress.

17. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Walking and running are the most effective for this. :cool: Extremely helpful (very enjoyable to be made)... And the best, zero cost. :D So, it's very good!

18. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes there are many options available in terms of videos and apps. And if one is dedicated then they can surely take good advantage of these things without spending money on gyms and other things. Honestly I have seen many apps in past few years. But I am not consistent in any on them and not even on exercising. I wish I can be. But still I am doing walking (not consistent) and I have mi belt with its app to track my walking and few other activities.

19. Malibeast

MalibeastMember

Threads:
    There are many ways to exercise without spending.

As many here have mentioned, Youtube videos and apps have many great training programs to follow. I myself am not a fan of these, as they aren't ideal. Youtubers and apps can't assess and correct your form, and whether you're actually doing the exercise correctly (though this problem can easily be mitigated by having a workout buddy as cheap as you). For this reason, I prefer to do exercises that are not very complicated, such as jogging outside, or body-weight exercises such as push-ups.

20. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Running, walking, jogging, push-ups and pulls-ups daily are a good way to go. As Malibeast stated there are plenty of work out video you could go and check out. You could also be creative and simply make a punching bag out of average day items, if you are that creative of course.