Expensive computer software or programs you want?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by SpringBreeze • Dec 9, 2013.

1. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    What computer software or programs do you want that you think are expensive?

When I look at all the programs that are out there, I wish I was rich and had a computer with super-duper memory. There are so many great artsy programs like Adobe Photoshop that I really want to have. Unfortunately, most of them cost a lot money.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know a bit of 3D modeling and wouldn't mind tinkering around with some decent software to create some cute 3D scenes when I'm bored. But the best of them, Maya, costs a $5000. I'm not a professional 3D modeler or animator so even if I could, I definitely wouldn't pay that kind of money simply to indulge myself in some hobby.

3. Carles

CarlesMember

Threads:
    Adobe Master suite. I would love to have all of those programs. I know they released Master Suite cs2 for free, but I want the newest version.

4. crucider

cruciderNew Member

Threads:
    Microsoft Office, and Adobe Master Suite are the only two packages that cost the most. But they are well worth the price and the they're industry standard so it's worth getting. And plus it's more weird not having Microsoft Office than it is to have.

5. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Blender is a very good 3d modeling program and it's free. If you're a student you can use the latest Autodesk programs like 3ds Max for non commercial use too. Most expensive programs like Office and Photoshop I find good free alternatives for. Unfortunately, I don't know of any alternatives for expensive music programs.

6. lavenderblue

lavenderblueMember

Threads:
    Directory Opus. I've tried the trial version and it is better than Windows Explorer in thousands of ways at least and so great for lots of advanced file managing. Also WhereIsIt, a software that can log the contents of DVDRs and keep file previews, etc, safe. They're both very expensive software. Would love to buy them someday and wish they were on sale. Wish there were more software sales.

7. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    These days people share whatever they buy through torrent sites. If you are a regular visitor to torrent sites, you will find all the software that you need. Buy only if it is not available.

I have always wanted a Mac operating system but the price just scares me away that is one operating system that I have always wanted. A good friend of mine introduced me to mr torrents who can get you anything that you want. That is where I got my first Mac operating system.

#7Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2014
  8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I always wanted to own a legitimate collection of Adobe Creative Suites, you know, you can safely make money using the software and never have to face your conscience. Another expensive software that I want and need is the Autodesk Creation Suite (not sure whats it really called). And oh, I also wanted to own a legit copy of Windows OS Installation Disc, the ones I have are just for recovery, I mean a real legitimate Windows OS Installer, that would be nice.

9. Dillon Hinojos

Dillon HinojosNew Member

Threads:
    I have always wanted the Adobe suite. It is not so bad if you need it for a business or your company, but I would not be able to justify spending that much money for casual use.

10. Magicman94

Magicman94Member

Threads:
    Windows 7 Ultimate edition. I'd like to be able to use windows XP mode on it to run some older programs that don't work well on windows 7. Even though it's only $100 to upgrade that's a lot of money for a college student.

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Adobe's suite of programs is relatively easy to get at a reasonable cost these days, since it's on a monthly subscription model. Plus if you are a student, you can get additional discounts. If your employer happens to use Adobe's products they may be able to get your computer configured with a license as well without any additional cost to you. I believe the standard Adobe subscription plans allow for installation on up to two machines.

Some of the programs I've been looking for lately, are the Mister Retro filters for Photoshop, as well as Tableau - a data visualization product.

12. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    . At the same time I heard that Photoshop is the most pirated software online. Adobe's creative suite is pretty pricey but for the results you can get out of it it is worth it I personally didn't pay for my copy of Adobe, because a friend of mine had given it to me. But if I wasn't able to access it, I would be making plans on how to get myself a copy of. I think that the results that I get from Adobe is so amazing that if I pirated it I would eventually go out and buy me a copy because it is so good and it is so useful to my life.

13. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always look for what i can find for free to do whatever I need, so I really don't look at the expensive programs. The last one that i bought was the Microsoft Digital Image, which is not even really what you would call expensive.
    Now that i have an iPad, and a MacAir, the Digital Image doesn't work. What i do instead is use PicMonkey, an online image editor, and it is either fre, or very cheap, depending on which version you prefer.
    PicMonkey used to be picnik, but then it was taken over by Google, and now does not exist anymore. The original people who started Picnik now have Picmonkey, and it works just like Picnik did; so i like it really well.

14. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    Most people just use "other methods" to obtain these programs, most people aren't going to pay crazy amounts of money for something you can easily get free. However if you're going to buy a program from Adobe or something you can probably get a student discount if you qualify.

15. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Thankfully, there's no programs that I want which either aren't free, or don't have free alternatives which may in fact be better than the paid product. Although if you're really keen to go for the official named product, as others have said torrent sites always have anything you need.

16. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    The Joys of Torrenting

One great advantage of living in a developing country are the lax piracy laws. Let me be more specific. The laws are in place, but they are poorly enforced. And rightly so, because a developing country has to divert its resources into more important things.

I have long list of software installed on my laptop. They range from free to horrendously expensive. I bought my laptop without windows installed. Why you ask? Why pay 100 Dollars for something I can install for free. The same goes for my fantastic antivirus, MS Office 2013, Adobe Photoshop, Sony Vegas Pro, and so on.

I do fancy a lot of software, but I can say that I am happy to have them for free. I suppose that there are some advantages to living in a 2nd or 3rd World country.

17. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah. Like other people if I really want something I look for a safe and free version. I don't care if Photoshop is the latest version (which is a great program once you get the hang of it) but I'm not sure I'd be able to justify making money off it. I mean obviously copyright infringement makes my blood boil so I believe I have a right to doing this kind of thing but when it comes to making money that's just not right in my eyes. Plus if I'm making enough money off it the software will pay for itself.
    Another one I like is Pinnacle Studio. I haven't made videos in a long time and sometimes I really miss it because that software is so cool but it's so expensive which is why I try to find it through a torrent site. I bought the CD for the pocket edition or whatever it was called but that didn't have nearly enough features.