Experience With Abilify, Weight Gain, And Stubborn Weight Loss

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DukeMadThane • May 8, 2015.

1. DukeMadThane

DukeMadThaneMember

Threads:
    I started taking Abilify in the summer of 2011 and it made me feel great for about a week. I still continued to take it at varying levels for about 6 months and it caused me to gain 40 pounds. It is now 2015 and I have only lost maybe 10 or 15 pounds. I never had trouble with my weight prior to taking Abilify. I am curious if anyone has experience with weight gain on it and subsequent weight loss. I would love to get rid of these extra pounds but it seems like my body has changed drastically.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you talking about the prescription drug Aripiprazole? If you're taking what I think you are taking, then you should slow down. Don't use Abilify as a substitute weight loss/weight gain drug. Take supplements instead because Abilify has side effects which may put your health in danger. In the first place, the drug is used to treat schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and depression and not for the reason you're using it now. Check with a physician and avoid doing things on your own without prior consultation.

3. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I didn't know what Abilify is so I had to do some research. I have to agree with xTinx. Finding out that it isn't a weight loss supplement, I don't think you should use if for that purpose. Maybe you should just try exercising and planning your meals instead? And yes, maybe you should also check with a physician if you really want a professional opinion about your case. Be careful with what you're taking without a doctor's prescription because you don't know what that drug can do to you.

4. EditorsRHumansToo!

EditorsRHumansToo!Member

Threads:
    Drugs, medications prescriptions drugs drain us so bad. Not only our pockets but our brains-- in my opinion. Exercise, walking, running and connecting with people we love and love us are inexpensive way to be in mental, physical and spiritual good state.

Check with a Naturapath practitioner. Often they recommend (not prescribe drugs) natural alternative to weight loss. Vitamin C sodium Ascorbate detoxes and good for harmless for weight loss, as well. See and watch Dr.

5. DukeMadThane

DukeMadThaneMember

Threads:
    I think my post was unclear. Abilify was prescribed by my doctor and made me gain a significant amount of weight. I am no longer taking Abilify, but I still have the weight on me, which was the point of my post.