Experience with ThredUp? (online resale shop of brand name kids/women's clothing)

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by dazzlingblue • Nov 19, 2013.

1. dazzlingblue

dazzlingblueMember

Threads:
    Do you sometimes lament taking your nice, barely worn clothing to GoodWill or to a consignment shop where you don't really ever know if you'll get any money? I found

a few months ago, an online store that sells gently-used or NWT women's or children's clothing and accessories---and also buys your gently-used items from you! They send you a pre-paid bag that you can fill to your desire, and then they'll pay you upfront, either via Paypal or a credit to your account. I sent my giant bag of clothes and can't wait to see how much they might be worth.

They have some amazing items for sale, and I've been looking at the kids stuff since it's a great way to buy nice pieces for my stepdaughter while knowing that I didn't spend too much for something I know she'll grow out of in less than a year. But I've never bought anything from them. Their standards of what you can send in is pretty stringent, so I assume their items on sale are just fine, too.

Has anyone tried thredUP? Does anyone have other online sites that have similar services?