Experimenting With Toothpaste Brands

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by DrRipley • Aug 11, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Toothpaste is one of those products wherein I don't really know how effective they are, so I tend to just rely on whether or not I like the flavor and how fresh it leaves my breath and just hope that it's as effective as it should be or even better, as good as the leading brands and their claims.

That said, I've been experimenting with different brands lately and I came across one I really like named Perioe, and even more surprising is that it seems like it's made by LG which I assumed only made electronics.

perioe_05.

Do you guys experiment with other toothpaste brands or do you just stick to what you're a up with? What brands have you tried and what brands did you like and disliked?

2. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    In general, I stick to using Colgate. Besides keeping my teeth clean, this brand is often on sale.

My biggest focus though is flossing. Doing it regularly maintains the health of one's teeth and gum lines. I really think what toothpaste a person uses is less important.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy commercial toothpaste. As a matter of fact, I hardly use toothpaste at all anymore. I have been cleaning my teeth with baking soda and other natural means for four years now. But occasionally I buy a natural toothpaste from the health food store. My favourite brand is Weleda.

4. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    For whatever reason, I have always stuck to Colgate as the brand I use for toothpaste. I never venture away from Colgate. Well, maybe a few times but I always go for Colgate because I find it more cost effective. I have no complaints as my teeth are nice and white. I always get my teeth clean to my preference. I feel like a walking advertisement for Colgate right now but I'm just telling you my experience.

5. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    A study in our country's leading university revealed that all toothpastes are the same be it expensive or cheap. Only the specially formulated toothpaste for gingivitis made a difference. Our family is not picky when it comes to toothpaste after learning about this. We also use baking soda to regularly brush our teeth together with toothpaste.