Extending seasonal wardrobe

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by classicnyer • Sep 1, 2012.

1. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I love the changing seasons but I hate having to get a whole new wardrobe for changing seasons. That being said, summer clothes are heavily discounted now. I think I can get away with wearing summer dresses well into the fall if I wear them with tights and a cardigan. Anybody care to share other tips for extending summer clothes into the cooler weather?

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I do the summer dresses with tights big. Throw a cardigan and scarf over it and wear some cute boots and you are ready for fall. I am always about layering summer pieces to keep my fall wardrobe looking fun instead of bulking up with a huge jacket. I hate having to buy new pieces too so I opt for classic pieces that can be worn for years and just refresh my jewelry or handbags.

3. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Layers are the key. I tend to find new combinations when the seasons change. So this usually means that I start wearing jackets or sweaters with dresses.

But I am not a fan of tights as in capris or pants that are meant to be worn on their own under dresses. I wear nylons. And nylons only.

But boots are a good way to layer too.

4. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    To extended my summer wardrobe into the fall and sometimes early winter, I always layer summer pieces with fall and winter appropriate pieces. Its a great way to save a few dollars and get more wear out of my summer wardrobe.

5. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Sure you can wear most of your summer wardrobe in the fall. Just wear them with a nice jacket, cardigan or a blazer that matches and you are on your way. Don't try to go buy all those clothes that you see in the window, just learn how to match what you already have and you will come out saving a lot of bucks.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Jackets and cardigans! And for me personally, I go with knee high boots instead of tights. Or coupled with leggings. I don't usually wear the brightly colored ones, but even if they're fairly colorful, I'll try to tone them down with neutral accessories.

7. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    There are many ways of extending the wear of seasonal clothing year round. Personally, I believe that almost anything can be worn at almost any time of the year. What distinguishes most seasonal clothing as such is usually some combination of color, weight, and texture. A sleeveless jersey dress that is not too tight-fitting can be worn with a cardigan in fall, and over a turtleneck with boots and tights in winter.

8. markhanah

markhanahNew Member

Threads:
    My wardrobe is very special for me. I like to change my wardrobe as depend on season. I choose always latest style and fashionable things. I more like to prefer beautiful and branded clothing for me. I like to wear comfortable cloth for my satisfaction.

9. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I buy cardigans and jackets. I use them not only in the winter, but also if I'm inside and the a/c is blasted. I get a ton of use out of them. Then I like to wear tights or tall boots to keep warmer. Scarves can be cute too.

10. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I wear scarves all year round. I carry a scarf in the summertime, and just keep it in my purse. Then when I go into one of those buildings that overcompensates for the heat with killer blast ac, I pull out my scarf while everyone else is shivering.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also carry a sweater so that when I go into one of those buildings that has ice sickles hanging off your nose I can be comfortable. The first cool mornings have started which require a jacket or a light sweater.

The closed in shoes are always the last to come out for me. I like to keep my feet free of the heavy shoes as longs as I can.