Extra Battery?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by AB9100 • Apr 6, 2014.

1. AB9100

AB9100Member

Threads:
    Does anyone know how much an extra Laptop battery cost? And how do i find one for my Laptop specifically?

My new Laptop has terrible battery life, and the best solution i can think of is to buy a spare battery. However. i have no experience, or knowledge about this sort thing. I know that i have to find a battery specifically made fro my Laptop, but where do i find it. There was nothing on eBay, or Amazon. I am lost at the moment.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually a battery for the laptop is very expensive, so sometimes is worth it to buy a new laptop instead of a new battery. Having this said, if you still want to buy one, you need to buy the specific battery for your laptop, so nothing like going to the site of the brand to see what you're up for.

3. Dillon Hinojos

Dillon HinojosNew Member

Threads:
    Depending on where you buy the new battery, it can get rather expensive.

I know, from my experience, buying a new battery from the respective company cost me around $200. This is a bit much and you can almost purchase a new computer for that amount. It may be in your best interest to email said company and see if you can get it replaced for free or put in the extra cash and buy a new computer.

Best of luck!

4. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    I think an extra battery is only needed if your computer has short battery life.

Other than that there really is no reason for it. My Laptop has horrible battery life. I think it last about 3 1/2 hours on a single charge. which sucks big time. For that reason an extra battery is essential for me.

The downside is that extra battery are extremely expensive. At least for my Laptop they are. I did not want to, but i bout it because i had to. I needed he extra battery life.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well, laptop batteries are very expensive, even the cheaper ones are quite pricey. Last time I checked, they cost (on my Samsung at least) about $100-$300. Try searching the web for cheaper deals I'm sure there are a lot of them out there, but like most people said, it can get quite expensive so I suggest you get your wallet ready.

6. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    Batteries are horribly expensive. I would recommend that you look into getting a power bank. I think that it would really make a difference to your life in some way and may be a cheaper option for you. Just check for one that will be suitable with your laptop.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think an extra battery is very useful. My laptop cable cord just broke yesterday and if I had an extra battery I would be good to go for the next couple of days.... I think the best places to look for it is Amazon, eBay, and authorized technical assistance specialized on your laptop specific brand.

8. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    I believe the Dell batteries are around 30,50 dollars, so I'm sure it's pretty much the same for most other models. You could probably get a cheaper one on eBay, but MAKE SURE it's not generic brand or you'll find it failing or frying your laptop.