Extra Charges In Car Dealer’s Shop

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Alexandoy • Jul 15, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I brought our car today to the dealer’s shop for regular maintenance. It’s good that they preesnt the invoice before doing the job. I noticed 3 things – 1) additive to windshield cleaner, 2) brake sound remover, 3) anti-barcterial for aircon. It seems to me that those extra charges are not really needed so I requested them to be removed. The total of those extra charges amounted to $40. That’s how much I saved today.

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    A lot of times a rough economic situation forces people to check things and do self-repairs, even if they don't really want to do them. Anyway, I'm sure the info on how to do this stuff is easily available on YouTube or in a book from your local library. Myself, I kind of wish I would do more self-repairs, cause, honestly, I just cannot afford a 100 dollar charge.

#2Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  3. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I have seen where many people have been bypassing the dealers after the guaranteed free servicing has been exhausted because they find that the dealership is too expensive when it comes to this type of activity. Therefore, they opt to have a competent and trusted independent service garage to do the job which may usually save them a good amount of money.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I have been able to avoid them for anything car related, but I have heard that they are nasty, so I do not intend to change. It does not surprise me but I am a little curious as to why it happens.

5. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I only go to the dealership when there is a recall or something like that on my car. I find that they are usually priced higher than an independent mechanic or other auto shop. I think they tack on extra charges because many people don't really scrutinize their bill and don't know that those things are on their. Most places do some extra services but they are usually included in the regular price for the maintenance. I am glad that they took the extra charges off of your bill and you were able to save that money.

6. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    That's really great that you got that invoice early so that you able to cut few extra charges. Yes some service station always try to put more charges by adding extra things. I remember in the past they do all those things on my car without telling me and I have to paid them full as all got done. Since then whenever I am going for any service I used to tell them not to any extra thing without asking me. You did really great by saving that.