Extreme couponers?

Discussion in Coupons started by NikkiSplash • Sep 28, 2012.

1. NikkiSplash

NikkiSplashNew Member

Threads:
    I'm trying to get more into the coupon thing, but I work full-time. Does anyone have any tips for keeping up with my coupon binder? I need to find a way to keep up with them, and maximizing the time I spend organizing them. I find myself throwing a lot of coupons away. I save so much money by using them and I want to be able to continue to do this.

2. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    If you watch the Extreme Couponing show, you can get a lot of ideas about how to organize your binder. Also if you google, the Double Saving Divas on Youtube, they have alot of great ideas about couponing for beginners. Additionally, The Krazy Koupon Lady has a free print out on her site that you can use to organize your coupon binder. Hope I helped you! Happy Couponing!

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I watch the Extreme Couponing show too and that show is awesome. I don't do any myself so I don't have any extreme couponing so I can't help specifically for that, but I do know how to organize. One tip I always do is make an excel sheet and make sure formulas are in place, this saves SO MUCH time in the long run.

You can tie everything into the spreadsheet so whenever you need to find something you just type it in search. So any compartments or cabinets you have labelled can have an organized digital list which makes things easy to find. Good luck and I hope you come back to tell us more on your progress. :)

4. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I go through periods of coupling, and then I take a break. It can be very time consuming, just putting the coupons together. Its like a part time job. Depending on how many of one particular coupon you are clipping, you can bulk it up. I have a paper cutter for my big stacks. I also enlist the help of any kid that is of scissor age to assist as well. They can clip while I organize. Makes it go much faster.

5. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    Here is some help!

Your binder should only take a few minutes a week. Here is a web site you can get coupons anytime for your zip code!

I would advise only get coupons on items that you will use. It will be easier to keep up with. I used to grab every coupon out there and my binder would get way to full! It would take more time to have up keep.
    Remember

will always have the best manufacture coupons any time you need!

6. pilot2fly

pilot2flyMember

Threads:
    Try to put the coupons you'll use most often near the front. Arrange them alphabetically as well. This keeps them neat and easy to find when you need them.

7. xStylezx

xStylezxMember

Threads:
    Nice tips! Also great site you posted, will have to bookmark this. I need to clip some coupons and do it way more often than I do. Saving every dime you can helps, and plus who doesn't like to have extra money around. :D

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just have a very basic 3 envelope system. I have one envelope for coupons to use on my current trip, one envelope for coupons to use later, and one envelope of coupons that I will never use and want to give away. I leave the coupons that I am giving away in the store next to the products for others to use.

I used to have an accordion file, but the 3 envelope system works better for me because I'm a moderate couponer.