Extreme Couponing

Discussion in 'Coupons' started by NinetyEighty1, Jul 7, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

Hello, for quite a while I have watched the television series "Extreme Couponing". I know shows can exaggerate things but I was curious to know if it truly works in real life. What are the methods of extreme couponing and what are some easy ways to find coupons. Has anyone here actually practiced it successfully and if so, what is your advice on it?

2. kamai

kamaiActive Member

I used to watch that show and always wondered if that really did work out as was shown. I have tried to do it myself but with no success as most coupons have loopholes and can usually only use one coupon at a time. Maybe it is possible but one must be an expert or at least have some experience doing it like the people in the show. It also takes much time and dedication to get it right.

thisnthat and NinetyEighty1 like this.
  3. NinetyEighty1

@kamai@kamai I see. Thank you for your input, it is much appreciated. Extreme couponing seems like an effective way to live and save money. Especially in the times we live inn now. If you come across any type of information regarding it or even how to be successful with it, please inform me. It would be greatly appreciated.

#3NinetyEighty1,Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2017
    kamai likes this.
  4. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

It does work in real life. I save a lot of money from coupons and I really always do bulk buying when it comes to groceries. You won't feel the savings though if you are not a Bulk buyer who buys things for a long term.

NinetyEighty1 likes this.
  5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

This is one area that I wish I was better at and I know that I cam improve, but i still will never be as good as some people that I know. I guess you have to know where to look.

NinetyEighty1 likes this.
  6. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Sure, you can save a lot of money with couponing, but there are a lot of variables. It takes a lot of time, effort, and research to be a pro at it.

First, you have to make sure that stores in your area allow you to do all the extreme things shown on this series (and I haven't found any that do). You need access to good and useful coupons. You have to make sure that the product is really a savings, even after using a coupon (sometimes, a different brand is cheaper, even without a coupon).

You also have to be careful not to buy stuff you don't need just because it's a really good deal. Some people end up overspending that way, which defeats the purpose of savings in the first place.

7. NinetyEighty1

@thisnthat@thisnthat Thanks, aside from the show would you recommend any specific books or websites that will help with using extreme couponing or is it something you just need to practice on your own?

#7NinetyEighty1,Jul 21, 2017 at 03:47
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017 at 10:21
  8. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

I don't practice it. It just hasn't worked for me, but then again, I'm in a rural area without many stores around, so there isn't a lot of competition here.

I find the Krazy Koupon Lady to be interesting and informative. You might like it too. There are quite a few sites and apps that talk about coupons, share coupons, and even sell them. You can probably also find some right here (and if not coupons you can use, freebies and other hot deals). Have you tried sites like Retail Me Not or those that give back money when you shop through them?