Extreme Coupons

Discussion in Food & Drink started by saver • Jul 30, 2012.

1. saver

saverNew Member

Threads:
    So recently this show hasn't been on, but when it's on TV it's one of the most watched shows on TLC. Anyways to the reason I wanted to post this topic do you think it's really possible? If so how about at a BBS (Big Box Store)?

Every time they go to checkout and get their $400 order down to $0.25 cents, I'm like is this even possible?

2. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I've never watched that show, but my sister did and told me about it. I am amazed, too, at how they can get their total cost down so low, but I'm sure they get a ton of stuff that they wouldn't normally buy either, just so that they can use the coupon for a free item. I think I'm a pretty good couponer, but these days, where gone are the double coupons in most stores, I'm lucky if I can get my bill lowered down by $25 combining coupons and store sales. And how in the world do these people get items like milk, meat, fruit and veggies for free. Coupons for those items are rare or don't even exist. Maybe I should watch some reruns of that show. I'll tell you one thing I won't do, though...I'm not going dumpster diving for coupons. Blech!

3. chocbunny

chocbunnyNew Member

Threads:
    While I do watch that show and love it, apparently there has been controversy around it, for example, someone using fake coupons. And I watched a video on youtube where a guy rang around several stores for their coupon policies, and they all had limits on the number you can use. So I'm not sure how realistic it is. Plus do you really need 3892 toothbrushes??

4. greenmachine

greenmachineMember

Threads:
    I used to love watching that show when I had cable. I miss watching it and hoping Netflix will stream it. I'm not sure if it is possible but I sure would like to know their secret. I liked the episode think first season where this on-looker guy told the one extreme coupon lady he was sending his wife shopping with her. The most I have saved is around $30 and I was proud of myself saving that much.