EyeBuyDirect.com - A great alternative to purchases your glasses.

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by lrd913 • Oct 13, 2014.

1. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I found this website a few months ago and it is such a money saver.

I ordered 3 pairs of glasses in August and I only paid $26.75 for my purchase - this included shipping and handling. They have glasses starting from $6+ and I also had a coupon for a percent off of my purchase which helped lower the price even more.

I've been wearing the 3 pairs that I bought and I really love them. It allowed me to try out frames that I might have passed by beforehand. I bought a semi-rimless frame, a plastic frame, and a wire frame. They are all great quality and I haven't had any problems with them. The frames that I bought are no different than the frames I've bought at other stores before. I don't really care much for "name brand" glasses and this is the perfect solution for me as I hate spending a fortune on just one pair of glasses.

This is the link for the website if anyone wants to check them out. I don't think you will be disappointed. Single-vision lenses are included in the price and if you want to add progressive lenses, sunglass tint, or anti-glare it would be an additional cost. Check it out.

Has anyone else used this site before? Hate it or love it?

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds like a really good deal, almost too good to be true really. I'm wondering do you send your prescription to them and they put it into the glasses? I would want to try my glasses on to see how it looks.

3. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I was skeptical at first as well. You can either send the prescription to them by mail or you can enter it into your user profile. Then it stays stored on your account until you decide to delete or change it.

My prescription was exactly right. I think they offer a 14 day return policy as well, so if you don't like the frames or the prescription isn't correct the glasses can be sent back. I was on the wall for a few days about using the site but I'm glad I gave it a try. It allows me to have extra pairs of glasses without breaking the bank. Also, if I lose a pair it's not a big deal since I didn't spend $100+ on them.

I would order a pair and try them out. They have a "coupon" section that sometimes has good codes to use. I was able to apply a coupon to my order and it lowered it even further.

This was my order summary which included 3 pairs of eyeglasses. Each pair comes in its own clear case and it packaged with a cleaning cloth.

Sub-Total: $26
    Discount Coupons: ABYCJ2FV93 : -$5.20
    USPS First Class: $5.95
    Total: $26.75

They also update you throughout your order being processed. It took me about two weeks to receive mine in the mail. That timeframe includes the glasses being put together.

Order History:
    08/06/2014 Payment Pending
    08/06/2014 Order Details Received
    08/06/2014 Frame & Lens Allocation
    08/06/2014 Lens Cutting & Bevel edging
    08/08/2014 Lens & Frame Fitting
    08/09/2014 Lens & Frame Fitting
    08/11/2014 Quality Check
    08/13/2014 Shipped

If you use the link I am posting below you will get 5% off your purchase.

4. cvega

cvegaNew Member

Threads:
    I'm still skeptical.

I have survived without glasses for years. My vision is pretty bad, near sighted... My biggest fear was knowing that if I purchased a low index lens, then the lens would be thick... I have had glasses since I was a kid.

I checked Walmart prices online and their highest index was 1.5 for nearly for free My total cost was under $50, for "higher" index of 1.6.. my cost would have been $90 for the lens and the frame cost. I think it's $50 for UV protection and that comes with water resistance? They also have other lens options that are in the $300 park range (Nikon) for just the lens alone.

With Eyebuy Direct, my TOTAL price was $116.67. I shipped over night. Still waiting for my glasses (1 week so far). What this means - for $116 I got a product that is worth nearly $190 to $249 at normal retail stores.

Also for the questions above, they will not call your eye doctor, trust me. They also don't ask for scripts like 1800 contacts. Last - Don't do their weird survey scam from a third party, there is NO $100 gift certificate.

Here is my receipt:
    - Use For: Single vision distance
    - Color: Clear
    - 1 x Cambridge --Color: Black Size: 125 ($32)
    - Thickness: 1.74 hi-index (+$84.95)
    - Coating: Water resistant (+$3)
    - Options: UV protection (+$4.95)
    - Shipping (+23)
    - Coupon (-$31.23)

5. cvega

cvegaNew Member

Threads:
    It didn't take more then 2 weeks and it is worth the wait.Also the lens were very clean - but I've been using them for a day. I think my contacts are way sharper but I'm not used to glasses yet (it's been a few years since I've had a pair.)

by

, on Flickr

by

, on Flickr

by

, on Flickr

by

, on Flickr

by

, on Flickr

by

, on Flickr

by

, on Flickr

6. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    @lrd913@lrd913 As the others have mentioned, this is a rather great deal and even tough i'm still a bit skeptical, the fact that you have used it so far reassures me.

#6Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2017