Eyelash extensions or mascara?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Theo • Aug 19, 2014.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tiny eyelashes and love having eyelash extensions, although it took a while to get used to the procedure. It eliminates the mascara and curling and makes sure there is no mascara residue around the eyes. Towards the end I do curl them to save the few lashes left.

Which do you prefer and how long do your extensions last? Mine tend to last about six weeks if I look after them and they start to fall out after about two weeks.

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer mascara because I don't want to deal with the upkeep of extensions. With that being said I do think the extensions are very attractive but they're just not for me. I have found with a decent eyelash curler and mascara I can get results that are close to that of the extensions.

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Eyelash extensions look fabulous. I once tried getting an eyelash extension during a holiday season. There were so many parties to attend to and I felt I need to keep my eyes looking pretty with less preparation time. Unfortunately I also love scratching my eyelids and I tend to forget that I was wearing eyelash extensions. I damaged the one installed on one eyelid and I had to remove both eventually. Now I just use mascara for special occasions. Eyelash extensions are not for me, too bad.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, you have to remember not to rub your eyes with extensions! Too many extensions can weaken the eyelashes and make them fragile. In my case they are so fine and tiny so i am very aware of how precious they are.
    Mascara makes me what to rub my eyes and I always have to check it hasn't run, which with extensions I don't have to worry.

I now only have them for say a vacation or if I have a series of early starts or late nights. I do extend their life by using an eyelash curler on them very carefully!

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have long lashes already, so I don't think I would want to have eyelash extensions, so I'm content with just using mascara. The only disadvantage to using mascara is it smudges when your eyes get watery.