Face packs

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Konstantina • May 9, 2012.

1. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    Hi everyone. I recently went to get masks for the face, I was looking for something that had natural ingredients and came up with face packs in sachets, but they were really expensive. The cheapest I could find was medi montagne for $3,00. Does anyone know if there are any cheaper available? I also started thinking, if they are so natural, why not make them on our own? I mean, if they are telling us the truth, all you need is a cucumber,milk, strawberries or some milk and honey!

2. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:
    The mask you use will depend on the needs for your skin. You can make them at home for cheap once you know what you are looking for. You can make a simple one with egg whites and yogurt if you wanted to. I would suggest you do a google search on some all natural face masks and see what you come up with.

Here is one I have tried and liked:

Oatmeal andYogurt Mask:

1 tablespoon of finely ground oatmeal
    1 tablespoon of live, organic yogurt, not flavored
    A few drops of warm honey

Add the yogurt to the oatmeal in a small bowl and mix together. Warm a few drop of honey by warming the bottle with hot water for a few minutes. Add the honey into the yogurt and oatmeal mixture and stir. Apply and leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse off with several splashes of warm water. Follow with a warm washcloth.

Afterward apply some moisturizer.

It will leave your skin refreshed and looking great. This one is especially good for acne prone skin because it absorbs the oil in your skin.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I dpn't normally use a face mask, but I've come across so many recipes while searching for other things on the internet that it would be silly to spend crazy money on one if I wanted one. You're right, they're generally simple to make.

4. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    For those of you who have normal skin you can make face packs mixing either clay or white kaolin powder along with cornflower, oats and one beaten egg white. A drop of geranium oil should be added to this mix and then mixed well to form a paste, which can be then be applied and left for a few minutes and then washed off. Regular application of this homemade face pack would give you radiant skin.

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    The last time I bought a face mask was when I was sillier and at university. Now, I only use homemade ones, for the simple fact like everyone said here: it gives you amazing results! All you have to do is try it once, and chances are you will wonder why on earth you ever bought them. I would still buy extra special ones though, but I am yet to find one.

Thank you for the great mask recipes people! Very kind of you to share, cheers. My contribution is to try a putting some milk of magnesia or calcium and magnesium powder...it really brightens the skin...and you get some vitamins through the skin!

6. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    There are plenty of face masks that you can make in less than a minute. I would like to share one with you today. This is carrot & honey mix face mask. Cook 2-3 carrots and mash them to make a thin paste. Add 2 teaspoons of honey to them. Apply this paste on your face. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then later wash with cold water. This natural facial mask suits all skin types. Try it & I am sure you will like it.