Face Wash: Do you stick with what works, or do you change products often?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by lrd913 • Oct 12, 2014.

1. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    When I find a product that works I tend to stick with it. I feel like I've tried every product under the Sun and most products never cleared my skin up. I've found that the less I do to my skin the better it looks. I've gotten my routine down to just a face wash and a moisturizer. If I'm breaking out I'll add in an AHA lotion and that's it.

I've spent so much money since I was a teenager trying to find products that work. It's hard because you can never find samples - that would have saved me a lot of trouble. I would give most products a few weeks, usually a month or so before I would make the decision to keep the item or toss it. Most products were tossed away and I moved onto something else to clear my skin up.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have favorite products that I use, but your skin does change with the season and other factors so sometimes you do need to change it. I like using Neutrogena and Cetaphil and alternate between them. I also use other premium brands from time to time, but only ones I know of.

I know what products to avoid and what I may be allergic to, but I still like to try new products every now and then because you might find a product that is even better.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I stick with what work as I don't want to ruin the relationship between the product and my face. Before, I used to try different products that I would have to sacrifice the one that I am currently using that I found already effective for the other new one I am enticed to try, which I would have found later on to be far less effective. And when I shift back again to the previous product that I used, I could no longer turn back its effectiveness on me.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't changed products in a long time. Still using Alba daily detox cleanser for sensitive skin. It works so I don't see a reason to try something else. I used clean and clear briefly but it didn't really work all that well and seemed pretty drying.

5. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, I rarely, if ever tinker with anything that I use on my face. When I do test something new, it will be on the weekend or on a day off, so if something goes wrong, I can recover in private. I stick with Neutrogena and only test with higher end, but relatively benign products like a moisturizer or exfoliator.

6. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I do the same thing when I try new products. I usually wait until a have a few days off in a row, or when I know I won't be going anywhere. It's the worst feeling ever to try a new face product and then ending up breaking out or having a reaction to the product. I love Neutrogena products and I will usually try out the new products that come out, but if they aren't any different than what I am using I won't switch. There are just too many choices available now.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I usually try to change face wash as I have not found out anything that works for me till now. At first all face wash seem very great but then it starts to have a negative impact on my skin. I feel really bad when such a thing happens. I do not know whether it is only me or everybody just feels the same way. I would love to find the perfect face wash for myself.

8. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I have tried almost everything. Once I found a product that works, I stick with it because I hate putting different chemicals on my face. Trying new products after your face in use to one can cause breakouts until you face gets used to the new product.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I likewise do the same. I see no reason to keep changing products if what I'm currently using already works wonders for me. My skin's particularly sensitive to facial products so I avoid changing brands every so often. I don't even wear that much makeup for fear of rashes or pimples. I stick to carrot soap and an anti-bacterial facial foam. I apply facial cream afterwards. I don't use anything else.

10. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I've had that problem several times. I'll start to use something and it will work great for awhile. Then all the sudden I will start breaking out/etc. That is usually when I'll stop using the product and throw it away. I think that either my skin gets so used to the product that it stops working, or it wasn't the right product for me. I've been using a face wash without anything added, no benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid added to it. It's the best face product that I've found for my skin. I think just a basic face wash was the best idea for me. It took me quite a long time to find something that really worked for me. It just takes patience.

11. lrd913

lrd913Active Member

Threads:
    I barely wear makeup as well. It's partly because I can never find a close enough foundation match, but also I'm paranoid about breaking out with it on. I usually only wear it for interviews, social events, and things like that. I try to wear as little makeup as possible to work. I've gotten my skin back to the point that I can just use a tinted moisturizer and it's a great feeling.

What kind of carrot soap do you use? I've heard of it before, but I've never found anyone that uses it. I use a foaming face wash as well. My skin care regime has gotten very basic. I wash my face, apply a "spot" treatment if needed, and moisturize with a good cream/lotion. I've noticed the less I do to my face, the better it looks and feels.

12. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely change facial wash. I have acne, so constantly changing what I use on my face will only make my acne worse. Right now, I am using the soap given to me by my derma. :D

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Touche. "Less is better" indeed. The skin can only take so much. Bombarding it with various facial products can be detrimental to its health. Oh and you have to forgive me for the misinformation. I was under the impression that it's carrot soap because the color is orange. This is the product I use:

. It's actually made of papaya extract and coconut oil plus a bit of glycerin. It's a miracle product for me. It costs less than a dollar and no uncontrollable outbreaks for months now. The product also gives you that natural pinkish glow around your cheeks (no kidding).

14. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I change up my face wash all of the time, but I keep the same facial scrub. A good scrub is hard to come by and I like the same one because I know that I will be exfoliating a good deal of dead skin cells. I also buy washes that are on sale or when I have a coupon.

15. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I actually have to switch products from time to time because my skin will become accustomed to them. So I like to keep at least two or three products in my house and switch it up every two weeks or so to prevent my skin from getting build up and to prevent my skin from becoming immune to the cleanser. Try this with your hair products too and you will noti