Facebook app request

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Tellyv • Oct 26, 2014.

1. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    Have you ever downloaded a game app or any app that was suggested to you on Facebook? I don't know about you but it's pretty annoying to receive request everyday from Facebook friends that ask you to download a game app or a dating app ect. I never downloaded an app based on these request. How about you?

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope. I just block all the requests I get. I never play Facebook games anyway.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I do not accept the apps because they just clutter my page and they have access to my personal information. They get your e-mail and can see your friends. That is just too much information that I do not want to share.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    None of my friends have sent me any kind of apps via facebook or otherwise so far. They all know that I am not interested in games, and that I don't like to spend too much time in front of the computer. I much prefer riding my bicycle, meeting with friends, or reading a book. Even though my phone and computer are a vital part of my life, as I need them for my work, I usually switch everything off as soon as I am finished with my daily tasks. Playing around with my laptop or phone recreationally, doesn't enter my mind very often.

5. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    I can relate to this. It is so annoying to keep getting notifications about some game friends want me to accept to play. If it is possible to disable it, I better look into it rapidly. I don't like persistent annoyance.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not that big of a deal. It's as simple as disabling such requests in your security settings for Facebook. People don't care about their personal information for whatever reason, and they'll give a game app whatever it needs so that that person can enjoy too many hours of mindless fun. It's kind of sad, but whatever. Disable app requests in your settings, and you'll never have to be pestered again!

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, I don't really download an app just because someone told me too, I download an app or play a game that I genuinely like. I wasn't even one of those people that played Farmville when it was popular.

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have. Well, those days were the days when I was really bored. They also promised rewards. Let me tell you though. More often than not, those are just scams. So, before downloading something like that, I make sure that I am logged on to a dummy Facebook account. Just to make sure that my personal info will not be stolen.

9. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Most of the times I prefer to ignore these kinds of requests or if possible even block it. I think it is quite important that Facebook updates are available that can help us block the app request if required.