Facebook exchange groups

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DTracy3 • Jan 8, 2015.

1. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    Have any of you had any experience with facebook exchange groups? For these who don't know them, people basically join a fb exchange group in their area where they can post pictures of stuff they want to sell, mostly clothing but also other stuff. Other people can contact the posters and buy there stuff. It's like a little fb eBay for your area. I heard that some people get quit some money back for their old clothes and wondered if anyone has had tried it out before?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I haven't really come across it in my area, but it sounds very practical. I think such networks often make life a lot easier since they are not just about buying or selling goods, but also about exchanging work or rental possibilities. When I lived in Australia, I always checked out a site called gumtree.com for anything that I needed. It's a site that focuses on human interests rather than money.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    There are several in my area, and I have both bought and sold from one or another. I like using them, and with anything you would have to proceed with caution when it comes to meeting strangers to exchange your items. I like that they are generally divided up by specific areas, so you know when you buy something you won't have to drive a long distance to meet someone, and often times you get to know the people on the site and learn who is reputable or who you should or should not deal with. Also, the pages are generally moderated, so unlike Craigslist, you don't get spammed or scammed when you try to sell something.