Facebook Secret Sisters Gift Scam

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by Denis Hard • Nov 24, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you haven't seen this yet then you are lucky because it is a scam.

The holidays are here and scammers know that people are thinking about buying gifts and they take advantage of that. They offer a deal that's too good to be true.

Buy a $10 gift card and send it to one person [secret sister] and in return you get 36 gifts. Sounds too good? It is.

You won't be getting any gift and the scammers would have got $10 from you.

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I missed this post, same as I didn't hear about this scam, thankfully!

However holidays are not yet over, and people must be aware of this scam because in these days next to Christmas and New Year, desperation to get gifts to give away may push many to fall for this.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I haven't come across it. But even if I had, it sounds like a whole load of BS straight off the bat. Definitely not something I'd buy into at all. Thanks for sharing anyway, @Denis Hard. There are people out there who will sadly still fall for this sort of thing. So no matter how obvious it looks to you and me, I think it's still important to keep making others aware of these types of bogus offers.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds weird. I mean what would the 36 gifts be? Prizes from the crackerjack box? I jus think there are enoiugh legitimate companies out there offering d ineals we don/t need to have scams from facebook on the list. It is just not necessary to do or participate in in my humble opinion.

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have not yet come across this scam, and I have been spending quite a lot of time on Facebook recently. I am glad that I have not come across it, though that is not to say that I would have been taken in by it. I am very wary of offers such as the one like this one, and will often google them if I feel that inspired to want to take pare, before I actually take the action of taking part.

6. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't encountered this scam during the holiday season. If ever I did, I wouldn't go for it anyway since I already had gifts for the important people in my life in advance so there was no need for me to look for any promotions online anymore. Just like what @DreekLass@DreekLass said, I'm also wary when it comes to offers like this and I usually just ignore them. I just wonder how many people have fallen into the trap. I hope no one did.