Facebook Vs Google +

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by kidensika • May 20, 2013.

1. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    Facebook is just going to go away anytime soon just because Google has entered the arena. But I will agree that Google has a tendency to produce perfect products that take over their rivals' products. Just look what happened with Firefox and IE.

2. jericjames10

jericjames10Member

Threads:
    I don't think so Google+ is taking replace now with facebook, I prefer more on facebook.
    Still, most people still using it everyday unlike Google+.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Facebook is still unchallenged as of the moment, the same way that Google still remains as the number 1 search engine, so I think that Google + or other future competitors of Facebook will have a hard time knocking Facebook from it's current number 1 spot.

4. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Facebook is still definitely the leader in social networking. It's still largely being used by millions of people all over the world and doesn't look like it's going to go obsolete anytime soon. Personally though, I'm done with Facebook. People are getting pathetic and so thirsty for attention that they would just do about anything to get more likes and comments it's not even funny. I've deactivated my account and it turns out to be a great decision. I'm now on twitter though and i don't even use Google+ at all.

5. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely use much of either these days unless I have something to promote, but I would say Google + hasn't caught up to FaceBook just yet (but it's getting there). I think that FaceBook has a slight advantage just because it's been around a bit longer. A good thing about Google + is that advertising is free (as far as I know) and it's pretty easy to meet people who have similar interest as you. Also, Google +'s layout just seems a lot less chaotic and just look a lot nicer.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Firefox is a product of Google??? Well you certain learn something new every day. I'd always thought that Firefox was owned by Mozilla. But then maybe Mozilla is owned by Google?? As for Google Plus, I don't feel like it will ever be as popular as Facebook to be honest. it can be a little awkward to use, and the layout isn't as easy on the eye as Facebook's layout is. I feel like Google Plus merging with Youtube was an attempt to make Google Plus more popular. But it annoyed people more than anything, especially when the comment sections of Youtube changed and became more cumbersome to use due to it.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never really used Google + although I had joined it a long time ago. I think it is quite good that Google + has so many features that people are loving. I think it is one of the best thing available out there along with Facebook and Twitter. I think it can be really cool at times.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you have a Youtube account, then you are using Google Plus, unfortunately lol. When they linked Youtube to Google Plus, they made it so that when you post videos on Youtube, or like videos, or favorite videos, or even like videos, it'll show up on your Google Plus account. I recently discovered this, because I was having a discussion about feminism with a bunch of ignorant men, and they let me know that they had been to my Google Plus account and were using some of the videos that I had liked in the past to try to form their rebuttals. The settings are hard to configure so that everything is private too.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I loathe google+ and I have several gmail accounts and have to alter all the settings so no one can see anything. It is a pain and I never use google+ , though sometimes people ask to do a hangout for classes or a discussion from a group. I find google shares too much information and recommends other friends to you which you really may want to keep private as some contacts are work contacts that need to be confidential. For example a friend has set up a gmail account for his secret baby son and his name came up when I added him as a contact and was recommended as a friend on google+ without him knowing.

Facebook privacy controls are still a minefield, but still easier than google. I have many people on gmail that I don't want to be friends with, emails of disputes and arguments so when google+ recommends me to add them it's really stupid.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Google + will never replace Facebook. I've used both and hate them [both] with a passion. I'd like to see them both beaten by some new competitor but since they both buy sites which they believe might cause them problems in future [kill the competition early] I don't see how anyone will ever topple Facebook as the #1 social network.

11. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm still very much a Facebook person, though I've signed up for Google+ and can imagine that I'll increasingly start using it more. I don't think it;s got the traction yet that Facebook has so very few friends of mine use it. But I still think that it's only a matter of time when people realize that the world doesn't revolve around Facebook. When that happens I'll embrace Google+ more fully.

12. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I dislike both facebook and google, despite this I have both. I was too forced to have a google account so I could use YouTube and have never really used it, at the time that I got it wasn't very well established or user friendly this may have changed now. But I am not really into social media so wouldn't go out of my way to see what its all about. As for facebook it is easier to use and I use it more often it's an easy to keep in touch with friends but I am not overly keen on it either.