Fake freebie alerts. . .ever come across any?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Jan 15, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Surfing around the net many times, I come across posts in forums that tend to mislead the readers. The OP may claim that some product is being offered free on a certain website. But when you click on the given link, you find that the product is either on sale or you have to fill some stupid survey before you get download codes or similar crap. I thought this was limited to scammy sites but some Amazon affiliate marketers have started using this technique. . .pretty disgusting if you ask me.

Have any of you guys experienced some thing of this nature of late?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have come across that many times already, some websites claim to give you free stuff whether tangible or not, but then they just want your email so that they could bombard you with more spam emails offering their products. Beware of anything that has the word "free" in it, because there may be a catch.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think all of us have clicked in that malware at least one time, they say that they are offering something and in the best case scenario you are redirected to same page where you need to buy something and start asking for your personal information like credit card or mobile phone. In a worse case for me, the moment you click it you install some virus in your computer and you will have serious issues removing it! :(

4. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I have had this happen before and was frustrated because it's a waste of time. I have gone in search of freebies but have ended up at sites where they want you to enter all your information and then complete 2 offers first. The 2 offers require you to spend money, it's just ridiculous!

5. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I come across all these bs offers all the time. First they claim that it's free to download and also guaranteed that there will be no survey. When I clicked the link, it gives a download link to a survey. I never bother with them since they are all 100 percent scams.