Fake Honey

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Alexandoy • Jan 1, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy the medium size bottle of honey. The brand is Cem’s Honey. By the way, I take a tablespoon of honey after waking up for my digestive system. After several years, that brand was gone in the market so I shifted to another brand which is Sue Bee. However, this Sue Bee is about 5 times more expensive than the old brand I was buying. But it’s okay, I am a persevering person. Last week when we were in the supermarket, I chanced upon that old brand Cem’s Honey so I quickly got a bottle. But lo and behold, I noticed the label that says – Honey flavored syrup. Oh, oh, does that mean I was buying honey flavored syrup all the time? And probably that is the reason why Sue Bee is expensive because it is real honey.

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using honey sold in a Chinese store in our local place. I used to buy the Pure Camiguin Honey. I think it is cultured in the small island of Camiguin, somewhere near Cebu island in the Central Visayas. There were times that said store was running out of stock. I was obliged to order the pure honey from my "suki" online store. The13 cost is double that my usual Pure Camiguin Honey which only costs P130 (3 USD) per rum bottle.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, real honey is much more expensive than honey flavored syrup. It's just like buying organic items since they are more natural and chemical free then it must be costly. The real thing is always more expensive since they are more difficult to obtain.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    You see we have a war like situation in honey industry in our country. Since Baba Ramdev came with his Patanjali brand of honey at almost half of going rate offered by the famous companies like Zandu and Dabur which were selling at $8 a kg our TV adverts are full telling viewers that honey offered by Ramdev is not genuine. As we believe that whatever Baba Ramdev is genuine and authentic. However we have the problem of fake honey very much in the system as some people sell sugar syrup in the name of honey here.

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I am using a honey can't recall which brand but it is not fake for sure. Coming from an area where fake vs real honey has been a a jot issue always we have learnt ways of knowing one.

This one which I buy is expensive but there is always buy 1 get 1 free offee nevertheless it is still costly in my opinion.

Since I use honey daily, I buy it and it lasts me about 2 and a half to 3 months.

6. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I always buy honey from farmer's market.Buying honey directly from farmers assures 100 percent purity but also cheaper price. Most of the companies sell artificial honey. Honey bees need flowers to make money, however, these big companies fed sugar to the honeybees and the bees make honey from sugar.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @vinay@vinay you would be surprised that it is entirely the opposite in our area as long you do not go and see the process of honey being taken off from the honeycomb yourself. In our area farmers come to our locality pretending that they have broken a honeycomb from a tree and want to sell it cheap. In most cases the buyers are taken for a ride because it is not the case of fresh honey but they sell fake material. Yes buying from honey farmers is the best idea.