Fall/ Winter 2014

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by lizzief79 • Oct 12, 2014.

1. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    Having been ill for a while, fashion has not been at the forefront of my mind. Due to my illness, I lost all my teeth. Now I am better, I have just had new teeth fitted. I have also lost weight. I am suddenly feeling glamorous and want to treat myself to some new clothes. What colors are in fashion this season. I am totally out of touch. Plus, I really need a new coat but have no idea what styles are available. I am a UK size 14, I am 5' 5" and I have medium brown hair. Also, I have quite alimited budget. Any recommendations?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am glad that you are feeling better. It sounds like you had a horrible illness. I don't stay up on the latest trends, but YouTube is a great resource. There are a lot of resourceful women sharing their expertise and fashion sense.

3. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I see winter and fall as a beige coat season. You can never go wrong with beige or black coats.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I would stick with the classics fashion wise. That way your clothes will last you many seasons and won't just go out of style. Black is always classy. I am not sure what the trendy colors are this year, but I always wear a lot of red and blue in the winter because I like those colors. There are lots of great bargains out there if you look around. Check for sales online if you don't have a newspaper. Also check for coupons to online retailers, there are some really good ones if you look around.

5. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I'm so glad your finally feeling better. This sounded horrible and something that you have been dealing with for quite some time. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you continue on the road to recovery. I'm glad you feeling pretty again. :) Sometimes just getting out and buying some new things makes all of the difference in the world. :)

I'm not a big shopper but I always stick to the basics. Black and browns are always neutral and many colors can be added to jazz things up a bit. Don't forget some pretty jewelry too. I know just adding something small can change your whole look !!!

Have fun shopping!!

Danyel :)

6. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Good for you! I think after everything you've been through you deserve a treat. I don't know if you do 'Pinterest' yet but you will find a variety of fashion photos there. I have noticed pants are tight around the ankles and people are wearing them with jackets and cut little matching shoes. My name is H.C. if you want to befriend me, but I don't actually have a lot of fashion stuff on my boards yet. You can sign up using email or Facebook and then you can build your own 'boards'. It is like a quick way to pin things that you may want to reference later. Or a way that you can share things with your friends. You don't have to befriend people though, you can have 'private' boards where people won't be able to see. I have both public and private. Its a lot of fun but beware - once you start its addictive!

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How nice that you still want to know the latest about fashion. You should stick to protective clothing for the fall/winter season. I saw a lot of neutral shades during the f/w 2014 fashion show with a touch of billowy, flowery dresses and a bit of pastel colors for the fall. Brown, black and beige are still the in things for winter parkas and trench coats.