Fallingfruits.org

Discussion in Freebies and Giveaways started by remnant • Oct 20, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I came across this organization in a gardening website which involves sharing fruits which are abundant in your area with other jurisdictions where there fruits don't grow. I think its a good idea since there are gluts in different parts of the world. For instance, there are avocado and guava gluts in my area from around August to October. I am not sure of how deliveries are done but I suppose shipping should not be a major issue. Have you heard of this site and what are your thoughts?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I heard about that site on the news. It is mostly dedicated to the urban farmer but they do have sites set up all over the world. I think it is a great idea, because if people who want them or need them the free fruits, it could help stamp out hunger. I think this site is one of the best around in terms of matching growers and consumers. There is an app that costs 3.00 as well.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    This is a clever idea for those of us who love fruit and getting to share around the world is a plus. If one fruit is not available where we live another country is sure to have it and not only do we get to share our fruit but may also be able to try fruit that is new to us. Never had heard of this idea though but I 'm sure glad someone has come up with it.