Fancy Or Expensive Socks

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by DrRipley • Jan 22, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've never bought expensive socks in my life as I usually would think that I'd much rather just get many cheap socks which makes them easier for me to just throw out and replace even though I'm guessing I'd have to throw them out a bit less frequently if I just switched to a more expensive brand. I'm just wondering if there is any merit to spending more for socks though since I doubt the fancier brands could add much more to this technology to somehow make it more durable or better for your feet, but then again I don't have enough experience with them to know for sure.

Do you guys spend a bit more for socks or do you just go for the cheap brands instead?

2. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I like socks. I like colorful socks; I like nicely designed socks; I like nice fabric socks; I like socks that last a while. There is a world of difference between cheap socks that gets holes easy and good made socks. However, since I'm not really a fan of buying expensive socks, I just knit them myself. It's great. Yes, there is such a thing as a "better quality" sock, and not all socks are created equal! You should get at least one pair of nice socks to be able to tell the difference, really.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you mean designer socks or a pair of socks that cost as much as a regular bag, then I won't be bothered to spend a fortune. As long as the socks are not made from thin or flimsy material, as long as they fit me just right, then it's fine if they are "cheap" by rich people's standards. Expensive or cheap, all socks have the same basic purpose to me.

4. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I would think that fancy and expensive are the same thing. I guess if I can find some really fancy socks for cheap I would be all for it.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't spend much money on socks. Yes I'll buy good quality socks, but they don't have to be very expensive. I don't value them enough to buy super expensive ones, as long as they're decent I'm happy.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a few pairs of expensive socks with cashmere or wool in them and they are worth it. I get them in the sale usually, because I feel I can justify it. I do take care of them and don't wear them as often as my cheaper everyday socks as I tend to wear them with boots or if I am going out and need an extra boost of confidence.

7. Mackmax

MackmaxMember

Threads:
    I buy cheap socks, just like you. I would never pay 50 dollars on 2 pairs of socks when I could get a 12-pack for $15. Most expensive socks don't have much of an increase in quality, it is just the designer's name that the buyers are paying extra for. Paying so much for socks makes no sense to me, they're socks! They get dirty easily and nobody sees them anyway. As long as they don't have a hole in the toe after 2 wears, I'm fine with cheap socks.

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a penchant for sock. I don't typically go for the expensive ones. But I really like those socks that are fancy. It just happens that those fancy socks are often the ones that are expensive. So, I'd get to buy an expensive socks. Nevertheless, I don't regret of buying those socks that are expensive, because they really make me satisfied and, should I say happy.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The most expensive pair of socks that I had was Guess, and it was just given to me as a gift. I would never buy expensive socks, only affordable socks from reputable brands, because I think that the quality is just the same with the branded ones, unless you're buying the really cheap socks.

10. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I never invested in some expensive socks but I definitely saw some pairs that look nice. I'm still considering buying them after all this time and probably will. I just don't understand why people buy expensive summer socks though. They look pretty cheap anyway and nobody can really see them. So what's the point?