Fans of Interracial romance

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Lushlala • Dec 6, 2014.

1. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are there any fans of interracial romance ebooks on here? If so, where's your favourite place to buy them and do you know of any sites from which you can get free ebooks? I currently scour Amazon for them, as there are offers from time to time. I'm also subscribed to Scribd, which is not always reliable as it doesn't carry all the books due to some licensing and copyright laws.

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    You mean if people like romance books about humans in a relationship with animal or E.T. races, because all humans are of the same race called homo sapiens sapiens. Also, I'm not a fan of romance, it dulls my senses and leaves me feeling blah.

However, I do know a search site you can peruse to look up many free pdf files that doesn't require torrents: Filediva. Also, have you tried using Kindle, because it's a pretty good site for ebooks but you do have to pay.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of the genre. To be honest I don't think there's much difference between a regular romance book and any other romance book that's labeled "interracial" just for the sake of getting the book sold to more people? Anyway, like ValiantX if there are books I never read then it's romance books because I hate love stories.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only preference that I have when it comes to reading is that the characters be either lesbians or bisexuals, as far as romance goes. I don - can't - read heterosexual romance novels/books, and finish them, because I get really really bored. So colour doesn't really matter to me. Black, white, Hispanic, Indian. I don't care what the characters' ethnicity is, as long as the story is good and the main characters have that chemistry that is missing from most romance books/novels.

5. Lushlala

Threads:
    I suppose we all like what we like, and for me it's interracial romance for no other reason that I really do enjoy it. Don't ask me why, I just do and there's absolutely no malice to it as some may imply. Funny you should say you enjoy lesbian/bisexual romance, as I recently read a sample of a gay romance novel and I really rather enjoyed it. Before that, I would never ever have thought to even look at that genre!

6. DreekLass

Threads:
    I'm going to do what you asked me not to and ask why lol. Maybe, for you it is the merging of cultures. I know that in TV, I really enjoy seeing interracial couples, particularly white men with black women. Like in How To Get Away With Murder, I loved the fact that Sam was married to Annelise. So I can kind of see what the appeal to reading interracial books might be for you. Let the gay take over honey, lol ;) You know you want to.

7. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hehe you hit the nail on the head, that's exactly my reason! I just love seeing people mixing and colour not being an issue. I'm in a mixed marriage and come from that background, too. -and it's interesting that you specifically spoke of Black/White couples, as that's the genre I especially enjoy (BWWM- Black woman, white male). I'm also a HUGE fan of the gay community and abhor any kind of homophobia, discrimination and bigoted views. So yea viva to the human race, viva to people mixing as they see fit, viva to people having the freedom to love whoever they love without fear of attacks and segregation :)

8. DreekLass

Threads:
    I completely understand then ;) Because despite what people say, people of different skin colour have different cultures, and that difference is very beautiful to me. For me, it is the integration of culture. Glad to hear that you are in a mixed marriage ;) A lot of people frown upon white women being with black men, for a whole variety of reasons. it is also more common than white men with black women, i find. Nice to know that you are a fan of my community ;) Lol! I'll send you an autograph in the mail :p Indeed, viva :) :)

9. Lushlala

Threads:
    I just think it's sad that in this day and age that we have so much hate; hate for mixed marriages, hate for the gay, hate for anything that's different to what we're used to! I'm very lucky because my country is very accepting of mixed race couples, nobody questions it or frowns down on it. Well, there'll always be some exceptions but to a large extent, nobody raises their eyebrows at it as it is very common place. It's mainly Black women and White men, but you do see White women with Black men too. This was also the case in England,where my husband's from and where we've been living until last year when we moved to my country. We're truly blessed :) ps LOL at the autograph in the mail :)

10. DreekLass

Threads:
    I agree with you. When people are even finding love itself as a reason to hate, then you know that we have a problem. I don't know why everybody is so hung up on everybody being the same. It's like if you dare to differ, you are committing this grave act against 'humanity,' and hence must be punished. Sometimes people's lives are taken. That's how ridiculous this is. You would think the fact that we are living in 2014 would have some bearing on society's views, as a whole, but apparently not. I am from the UK. I am happy for you ;) Nice to hear that someone is married and happy ;) :D

11. Lushlala

Threads:
    IGNORE all those people and carry on with your life! We seem to be on the same wavelength and I'm sure there're MANY who share the same views as us. You'll probably find the "haters" are in the minority, it's usually the case anyway. I don't lose sleep over people like that, it's THEM with the problem. Let them deal with it and invest your precious time in those you care about and vice versa :)

Great to meet a fellow Brit on here. Well, I'm an "honorary" Brit, so I guess that counts lol. England is my second home and always will be :)

Don't fret, your special person is out there somewhere. I know it's a cliche, but your soul mate usually falls right in your lap when you're not looking, when you least expect it :)

12. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Do you mean interracial as in people of different races, because in general I don't see how that would make a book significantly more interesting than if they were both white/black/Asian or whatever.

13. DreekLass

Threads:
    I find that these days, the haters 'appear' to be in the minority. But I am not sure if that is the case or not, just because these days it is not deemed politically correct to be openly racist or homophobic. It's more socially acceptable to be sexist, unfortunately. But I feel like that is because we live in a patriarchal society and even women - essentially - hate women/themselves. But to get back on topic, I am not sure if people just say that they are not homophobic and or racist, but then think prejudice thoughts in their heads. Regardless, I cannot do anything but live my life. Trust me, I'm not fretting lmaoo! I prefer to be on my own. People are too much hassle.

14. Lushlala

Threads:
    I like the way you think :) -and yes, i agree with you 100%; it may very well be that we live among closet racists and homophobics due to the current politically correct "brigade". Frankly, I don't know what's worse; when you can see the hate staring you in the face, or the current climate where people're too scared to openly be bigoted for fear of imprisonment, to be judged etc Although like you, I don't lose sleep worrying about it, I just live my life as I see fit. Well done, mate and stay happy :)