Fashion Police Over Haul

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by pafjlh • Mar 18, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know exactly where to put this. I thought about the off topic section but since this is sort of the entertainment section I decided to place it here, since it does sort of involve movies and music. Well, the critique of fashions being worn to their awards shows that is.

Apparently the E Network program Fashion Police is being over hauled yet again. This is the second time since the untimely death last summer of the shows host Joan Rivers. Since then the show has been scrambling to pick up the pieces and go on without her. First Kathy Griffith was brought in to host the show, and the show went on. But now in the wake of the contraversy surrounding a comment made by Guiliana Runcic about Zendaya's hair at the last Oscar's the show is being over hauled once more. Kelly Osborne has decided to leave the show and now in an unexpected twist the shows new host Kathy Griffith announced this weekend she is also leaving.

So, what does this mean for the shows future? Well, from what I have heard the shows executive producer and Joan's daughter Melissa will be joining the two remaining panel members.

2. MikeyPaine

MikeyPaineActive Member

Threads:
    The shows future doesn't sound good. Having Melissa on could be a nice tribute to Joan, but I'm not actually all that familiar with her. I was surprised to see Kathy Griffith leaving, but I haven't really investigated why. Anyone know?

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know much about Melissa either but I think it might be a preferable replacement because Joan was after all her mother so she would be very familiar with her brand of humor. I definitely prefer her to Kathy Griffith. I just never liked her humor.

4. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    I am of the opinion that they should have retired this show after Joan died, or at least come up with a different format and not try to replace a legend.
    In my opinion no-one can fill Joan's shoes she was funny, irreverent, had a unique sense of dark humor and a great sense of style. I can't think of anyone else who fulfills this criteria.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is one of those shows I seriously regret never having seen....yes, i know!!! But I suppose I could get some re-runs or maybe DVDs somewhere. I've read some gossip on the show in the past, and of course Joan Rivers was classic!

Does anyone know what Melissa's background is, is she a TV personality? I mean besides being Joan's daughter, what would she be bringing to the show? Just curious.

6. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes right down to it I was amazed that Melissa didn't choose to fill Joan's chair when it was vacated. But under the circumstances I guess it was too soon for her to consider doing so. But in the past Melissa did sit on the Fashion Police panel along with her mother, it wasn't until E resurrected the show that she chose not to be on the panel. But there was a time when she did work the red carpet with her mother and she did the fashion critiquing with her. She was also a correspondent for E News for awhile so she does have some back ground, maybe not the one her mother had, but she does have one.

7. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    With the loss of so many hosts who made the show's formula succeed, I think any overhaul or remake just wouldn't work as well. It would probably be better to just drop the show and come up with a new concept in my opinion.